Hello!

TimOuellette

I've been a member of this forum for a little while and have one post to my name but I don't believe I've ever actually introduced myself. I'm a Catholic husband and father and have been questioning whether or not I'm in the right place, spiritually. I'm a revert to the Catholic faith but for the past few years I feel like I've been stumbling around in the dark. There is much in the LDS Church that draws me in & I've recently (finally) begun actually reading the Book of Mormon and trying to find out where I belong.

I may have a number of questions and definitely would appreciate your prayers. Thanks.

Thank you for the welcome!

My journey thus far has been one in which I spend about 10 years engaged in formal Catholic apologetics: participating in formal, public debates on the East Coast, writing position papers on theology and philosophy, and engaging in discussions with any number of non-Catholic Christians. That's how I typically categorized folks: as non-Catholic. Though I was baptized a Catholic I was not brought up in the Catholic faith and only entered into full communion with the Catholic Church in 1990 when my wife and I were expecting our first (we have six children).

The entirety of my experience as a practicing Catholic has thus been one in which I was engaged in active biblical, doctrinal and spiritual readying and studying. I felt convicted as a Catholic both from a biblical and historical perspective.

I have met a whole host of wonderful, very spiritual people, have debated with intelligent, sincere folks and have enjoyed every minute of it. Yet over time I've begun to feel as if something has been missing, some vital component I need.

So...as I mentioned in my initial post, I will have a number of questions that I'll post in the appropriate forum sections...but I am looking forward to meeting new people from the LDS church.