My son's final email before coming home this Friday

bytor2112

My son has sent some amazing emails home while on his mission in Italy. Thought I would share one which is his final one:

Ciao tutti per l'ultima volta! 

Wow. Just wow. 2 years have come and gone so quickly. It's incredibile. I want to keep this brief but sincere. First of all though, Marco Morcioni was baptized on Saturday night and confirmed the following morning. He asked me to confirm him and I did. The Spirit was so powerful. Marco stood up and everyone could see that he was a completely different person. He hugged one of the brothers who stood in the circle and came away crying. He's so sensitive to the Spirit that it's incredibile. One of God's children has just started his journey on the straight and narrow path that leads to salvation and I was able to be a part of it. 

I love being a missionary. More than anything else. This work, these experiences, the lifestyle of living the gospel to the very highest has shaped and even created pathways in God's plan for me. I am so grateful for that. I love this mission. I love every single aspect of it. It pains me to think that Friday night I'm going to have to remove the nametag and be released from having that unique power and authority that only full time missionaries can have. It saddens me. I'm not worried about the future though. God has promised to always light the way before us. I put all of my trust and faith in Him and I know He's going to lead the events of my life. 

I am very tired. I've given everything I possibly could to the Lord. I've given Him my whole heart and done every single little thing I could and He has blessed me more than I can possibly imagine. I have fought the good fight. Atleast this one. I imagine there will be many more ahead, but I'm much more prepared now. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and this mission have changed my life. But more importantly than any of that, they have changed my eternity. I believe that we are all born with a natural hole in our heart that can only be filled by the Gospel. Nothing else fills it perfectly. The Gospel of Jesus Christ - His love, His example, His teachings, His perfect and infinite atonement - is what brings us salvation and the promise of eternal life. I love Him. And I am forever grateful for Him. The atonement is real. I've seen it in the lives of others and in my own life. I love this gospel. I love the Lord and I love my Savior who will always lift me up when I fall. No matter what.

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God

And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot."

My invite is the same as that. Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. He's doing that with me and I know and bear my testimony that He can do that and will with anyone and everyone who will simply come unto Him. 

Vi voglio un mondo di bene. Non vedo l'ora di vedervi. Sono davvero contento per questa missione e per tutte le benedizioni che ricevo dal mio Padre nei cieli. 

"Sì, io so che non sono nulla; quanto alla mia forza, sono debole; dunque non mi vanterò di me stesso, ma mi vanterò del mio Dio, poiché nella sua forza io posso fare ogni cosa; sì, ecco, ho operato in questo paese molti grandi miracoli, per i quali loderò il suo nome per sempre" 

Alma 26:12

Ci vediamo fra poco :)

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him..." 
Moroni 10:32
Anziano Matthew Gainer
#HastenTheWork

congratulations!  You send out a boy and he comes back a man.  I'm so happy for you.  As I recall it was tough letting him go. 

Sounds like a he had a spectacular time.   This line is my favorite. 

I am very tired. I've given everything I possibly could to the Lord. I've given Him my whole heart and done every single little thing I could and He has blessed me more than I can possibly imagine.

Betcha he has a successful life from here on out.

What a lovely letter! You must be very proud of your son.  :)

Thank you...we feel very blessed and humble. It is quite a privilege and immense responsibility to be a parent and to be entrusted by Heavenly Father to rear a child. We are so grateful to have been blessed with two sons and both are becoming great examples of the Gospel in action.