What's General Conference without a stand from some group

pam

Doesn't the Book of Mormon refer to people like this as "dissenters?" It's mildly funny, because while "dissent" in itself doesn't have a negative connotation, and this group might describe themselves as such, the Book of Mormon gives a pretty see-through evaluation of what their real intents are, and it does have a negative connotation - to sow dissent and discord.

• 3 weeks later...

It was interesting how it was handled.  President Uchtdorf didn't miss a beat and just stated that it was noted and moved on.  Later it was announced that those who placed a dissenting vote could meet with their Stake President.

Heh...  I like it.

If I understand correctly their goal was to try to get some one on one time with high level church leaders.  By redirecting them back to their Stake Presidents they are making sure that disruptive tactics do not pay off.

palerider on 6 Mar

Lol!!! I will have to watch this go down....

The protesters are probably planning on General Conference being held in early April, but I know that Pam is working on having it held in May, so despite palerider's lack of faith I'm sure the protest will fail, thanks to Pam.  :)

I'm surprised to see that General Conference was held this weekend. I thought Pam was going to postpone it.  :P  At least the second part is true - as a protest it failed.

ps

How did the Friday night dinner go? 

Interesting picture...

Ok, what does hash tag spacious building mean? Am I supposed to go on Google and type that in? Elder Pearson said these words in his talk.

Oh, and LOL, Elder Uchtdorf! I loved hearing him talk auf deutsch!  :lol:

That's what my wife and I thought too.  We were watching on a DVR and I was able to back it up.  He said "Large and spacious building".  It just sounded like hastag spacious building.