Sealing rooms not big enough

carlimac

....  I'm simply asking why the sealing rooms are so small when Mormon families are often huge.

Perhaps we should ask why Mormon families are so big when sealing rooms are so small???  - Sorry, my engineering sense of humor (that my wife cannot stand) just took over for a small moment.  I will return to preferred normal sensitive mode shortly.

Bridezilla? Because she would like to have her best friends in the temple with her when she gets married?

I was actually on your side until you said this.

THIS has shown me you're seeing things over the chip on your shoulder now and every little innocent thing we say has now become an attack on your person.

I never called your daughter Bridezilla. I referenced the people you mentioned - some uncle who left the church or never spoke to you again or whatever for not giving him an invite or some such - as acting like supporting casts to Bridezilla... hence my tongue-in-cheek suggestion for the bride and groom to elope.

If your relatives are soooo shallow that your daughter has to worry about offending them because of the limitations of the temple that she has ZERO control over... I, for one, will encourage her not to invite these stupid idiots.

I've been to too many of these in my Catholic family... "Oh, you put Aunt Mildred 5 chairs away from the bride but you put Auntie Nancy only 3 chairs down! That is unacceptable!"... (true story, names revised). "Oh, Uncle Samson got invited to the sealing, and I didn't! You suck!"... Go eat a cow. That's what I would say. A bride should only have to worry about if there's going to be room for her husband - and that he would show up. Everybody else gets to help to make it EASIER for her, not harder... including helping her choose who will be invited to the sealing and making her feel okay and happy and at ease about those that got eliminated. So, let's start looking at the perfectly reasonable explanations here that has been given for why we have to not invite Aunt Mildred instead of putting every negative spin we can possibly pile on it... you'll need these explanations to make your daughter feel better about it on her wedding day.

Edited by anatess

This is NOTHING like asking for gay marriage or women holding the priesthood. I'm not petitioning the authorities for anything. I'm not standing up in conference to oppose the leaders.  I'm simply asking why the sealing rooms are so small when Mormon families are often huge.

True...  but little things compound over time...   You don't think that those formally faithful saints who have fallen on those subjects went to bed one night totally faithful and woke up the next morning apostates do you?  No most likely they let the little things like this work there way in... They started murmuring, and over time that grew bigger until they cut themselves off and thing they were clearly wise to do so