Is it a sin to pray after consuming alcohol

Jbl

Is it a sin to pray after comsuming alcohol? I feel at one stage to the lowest days and pains in my life that i actually feel the need of praying while i had alcohol in my system. I have been through alot with my seperation that i decided to drink but felt it wasnt enough and felt the urge to pray.. is it a sin ?will god still hear my prayer?? I felt at the time that i opened out was more freely to express myself to him.. Was that a bad thing i did?? Actually felt like he i was connecting to him & pouring my heart out to him. I wasnt intoxicated just drank to drown my sorrows but at the same time felt i neede to pray. Can anyone help me pls?

• 2 Nephi 32:8

8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man topray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

Never listen to the thought that you are to unworthy or much a sinner to pray...  Pray always 

jbl, we all sin.  Please don't think you need to distance yourself from your Father in Heaven, just because you're in the middle of sinning.

Do everything you can to communicate with Him.  Seek His influence in your life.  

By the way, if I knew who you were in real life, you'd be welcome to sit next to me and my family at church.

There really is no better time to pray than while you are sinning.  The world would be a far better place if more people would take time to pray while they sin.

Actually there are almost certainly better times to pray than while sinning. (I.e praying while NOT sinning.) That being said.. Most of us sin so frequently that we're well-advised to pray ALWAYS .. But especially when it might, at the very least, interrupt us IN our sinning. :)

Guest LiterateParakeet

Jbl, I'm so sorry you are hurting. Sorry that you felt the need to drink to deal with your pain. This way of coping is more common than an you realize--some drink alcohol, some do drugs, some gamble, others shop...and people like me eat. Would you think it is wrong for me to pray after eating too much or the wrong things to cope with my pain? It's essentially the same thing.

God loves you so much He allowed His only begotten to die for you (and all of us sinners). Christ loves you (and the rest of us sinners) enough to give His life.

Believe me He wants you to talk to Him. As the o Th ers have said...pray always. And please consider therapy as a healthier way to deal with your pain. Therapy has been immensely helpful for me.

In your case, I would say that is when you are most in need of prayer and help.

I would add only this: Don't be a hypocrite. Pray for strength, pray for forgiveness, pray for help, but don't pray to be justified in sinful behavior. Alcoholism is terribly hard, and I feel for you. But please don't make the mistake of thinking that praying while you're drinking (or drunk) makes it okay to drink (or to be drunk).

As long as you're avoiding that, I think prayer is a marvelous idea, one of the best things you can do, at least for starters.

Is it a sin to pray after comsuming alcohol? I feel at one stage to the lowest days and pains in my life that i actually feel the need of praying while i had alcohol in my system. I have been through alot with my seperation that i decided to drink but felt it wasnt enough and felt the urge to pray.. is it a sin ?will god still hear my prayer?? I felt at the time that i opened out was more freely to express myself to him.. Was that a bad thing i did?? Actually felt like he i was connecting to him & pouring my heart out to him. I wasnt intoxicated just drank to drown my sorrows but at the same time felt i neede to pray. Can anyone help me pls?

It is never a bad idea to pray...never!