How do I delete my account

• 4 weeks later...
Guest teamfamilywall

Pam, your site is a security vulnerability because you don't use HTTPS for logins. I would like for you to delete my account for privacy and security reasons.

Guest teamfamilywall

Eowyn, I am fine with anyone viewing my YouTube channel. YouTube uses encryption to protect logins to their site. I am not trying to protect my privacy in the sense of what I post. I have actually enjoyed sharing my opinion. I am referring more to aspects of computer security and the privacy of my login information. When a login session isn't encrypted, third parties can use software to view your login information just as you are viewing my post.

I should learn how to do that so I can post stuff under other people's usernames and watch them get into fights. Now that is some serious trolling there.

It's a lot more difficult than 'teamfamilywall' makes it out to be, and having his account deleted makes no sense from a security perspective.

Firstly, to intercept passwords sent in clear text, you have to be sitting somewhere between the users computer and the server that hosts lds.net, otherwise known as a man in the middle attack. It's unlikely that anyone using this forum is in such a position unless they work for a major internet service provider.

Secondly, if he was following IT security best practices, he would be using a unique password for this forum, so if it was intercepted, the most the hacker could do with it is log onto his account on his forum... not a big deal. He was using a unique password, I'm sure...

Thirdly, he could have left his account undeleted and it would make no difference to any security vulnerability regarding lack of SSL. Just choosing not to use the forum and not log into his account would have been just as effective.

So yeah, he is making a big fuss over nothing*.

* I'm not understating the importance of SSL, merely pointing out his overreaction in this particular circumstance.

Edited by Mahone

Pam, your site is a security vulnerability because you don't use HTTPS for logins. I would like for you to delete my account for privacy and security reasons.

I didn't even know this was my site.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, so this is like the Hotel California?

Nope.... Can't control if you choose to walk away and never return to this site...

However even with people we kick out we do not remove all signs that they were ever here...  Unless all those 'signs' were rule violations...  So here you can't really change your pass choices... but how is that any different then from real life?