Personal "mini-goals" and achievements

Magus

...In other words, besides the big stuff like, be a good husband/wife/father/mother/member of the Church...

Do you want to learn a new skill? Pick up a certain hobby? Travel to certain places? Do you have a certain mission for yourself that you want to accomplish? Go back to school? Write a book? Read certain books? Become an amazing cook? Start a business? Learn to draw?

A noble goal. Which degree?

One of my goals is similar. I speak conversational Russian from my mission, and the only reason it's still functional is largely because my wife is Russian, but I'm still not fluent. I figure the one of the biggest ways of doing that is to speak it at home more. They say in the MTC, if you want to speak your language - speak your language!

A noble goal. Which degree?

One of my goals is similar. I speak conversational Russian from my mission, and the only reason it's still functional is largely because my wife is Russian, but I'm still not fluent. I figure the one of the biggest ways of doing that is to speak it at home more. They say in the MTC, if you want to

speak your language - speak your language!

No idea which degree.  I'm too old now for it to be for a career so it could be almost anything.  Though the program I'm looking into, I would probably choose sociology as my choices are limited with this program.

Read the top 100 classical "must read" books. 37 so far. 

Visit every continent.. three to go.

Perfect my sewing skills to the point where I could make formal dresses for my daughter(s) someday. 

And the newest addition, I think I should like to be a casual birder. I'd like to be able to recognize bird calls by ear, at least just the ones that live in my area.

Well Jane, Don't feel too bad. Mine is to find someone to make a cheesecake wedding cake for my daughter's wedding. I also have a few closets that need cleaning out. 

Besides that, I'd like to take up dance again (which I abandoned at age 3 because the stretching out exercises hurt)  This is what sparked that idea:

http://theberry.com/2015/03/17/this-mashup-of-famous-dance-scenes-is-your-new-favorite-video-video/#VuKTlqFJ18Zzedxp.01

I should probably get re-certified as an RN although I don't really want to work as one.  And I want to get at least a Bachelor's degree. I only got an AD.

Save up to take a vacation at a dude ranch.

DAILY:

MG #1: Remember to take my medication as scheduled

MG #2: Remember to eat each meal as scheduled

MG #3: Put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher as they are used and NOT wait until there are no more dishes in the cupboards

Mini Goal ~ Get connected with the Hospital Nutritionist concerning Hubbies diet. He just spent 9 days  there because of a staph infection in his leg. While there we learned that he has a heart condition. Top half of heart flutters and is totally out of sync with the bottom half. He is very over weight, and this trip to the hospital has (hopefully) scared him off from eating chips (cheese-its, frito's, dorito's, potato, cheeto's, etc.) and crackers (soda/saline, ritz, grahams, wheat thins, etc.) flour and corn tortilla's. He HAS to go on a low carb, no salt diet. He HAS to maintain eating 120 mcg of Vit. K daily. That last part isn't hard at all. The only food that is rich in VitK that he won't eat is cucumber pickles. He doesn't like any kind of pickles - plus their salt content is over the moon!

I call the nutritionist to set up an appointment, get voice mail. The one time she called back was the same day as we were on the road coming home from the hospital and hubby answered my cell phone, asked her to call back the next day between 1PM and 5PM. She never called. I called her the next two days! SHE is also the Diabetic Nutritionist - heaven help us both!

Long term Mini Goal - can't think that far ahead. One step at a time, baby steps actually.

Wow, you're guys "little" goals are MUCH bigger than mine!  My goal for this week is simply to finish writing the dumb computer program I've been working on.  And then my next goal is to clean of my desk.... 

Well one of my big goals would be World Domination  :P so pretty much anything else might seem small compared to that.

:rolleyes: Okay that isn't really a goal.... :cool: or is it! lol

Edited by Crypto

Guest LiterateParakeet

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts so I thought I should contribute...but my goals are too frustrating...and feel to thwarted right now to discuss.  *pouts*  Carry on everyone!