Need a share a passage about marriage at a wedding

Torostoros

A good non-member friend of mine has asked me to read a passage out at her wedding and has entrusted me to choose it. It's to be about marriage.

Very brief background: Her partner is not particularly fond of the LDS Church at all and for that reason it took a while for him to be convinced that it was OK for my friend and I to continue to catch up after we stopped working together (they are in their late 40s; I'm 28). For this reason quotes presenting as specifically Mormon (mentioning the Church's name, giving the appearance of wanting to convert, dripping in specifically-Mormon-theology, etc.) would not be welcome (especially as the wedding is happening in their Anglican Church).

My thoughts at present are to select something from President Eyring's remarks at the recent Interfaith Global Conference on marriage, though in reading through it I can't find anything that stands out to me or stands out as faith-neutral enough. Something re. husbands and wives complementing each other and the purposes and beauties of marriage would be great. I don't think I'm required to be up there for any more than a minute.

While I wait on replies, I'll read the Family Proclamation again.

Thanks in advance.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.