2015 NBA finals

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

I think the Cavs could still make it to the finals but not win it.

You are probably right, but I'm still hoping the Spurs can pull it off. I'd be nice to see Duncan go out with two rings, a la John Elway

Guest Godless

You are probably right, but I'm still hoping the Spurs can pull it off. I'd be nice to see Duncan go out with two rings, a la John Elway

He'd actually have six rings if they win this year, a la Michael Jordan.

Guest MormonGator

He'd actually have six rings if they win this year, a la Michael Jordan.

Yes, I meant two consecutive ones. 

I think Tim Duncan is one of the best players to ever play the game and incredibly underrated. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest Godless

I think Golden State will win the West. Not so sure about the East. I think Cleveland is done without Love, but I can't say who'll come out on top among the other three. I'm personally rooting for the Wizards.

Guest MormonGator

You mean player or team ?? Sorry was just wanting to make sure before I opened my mouth. Lol!!!!

LOL! Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear. Players and teams, whatever. I'm not sold on the Rockets. I think Howard is a great but not elite. 

Guest Godless

I think Derrick Rose is overrated. He hasn't been healthy long enough to make the Bulls relevant in past seasons, and I'm a bit underwhelmed with his performance this year as well (he single-handedly lost game 4 against the Bucks).

Guest MormonGator

Derrick Rose is overrated now, but like DrT said injuries take a lot of you. I thought he (Rose) would be the dominant point guard of the next ten years. I'd like to retract that statement. 

Guest MormonGator

If you were Doc Rivers would you rest CP3 tomorrow for game 2?

No. This is the playoffs and I expect these guys to be professional and "step it up" every day. This is the big time. CP3 is still a young man, he's not some old veteran that needs a break. 

Sorry if that sounds harsh. 

Guest MormonGator

Again I apologize if that sounds harsh, but can you imagine Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett saying "Coach, I need a rest. Sure it's the playoffs and every game matters, but I'm tired."?

I can't either. 

Edited by MormonGator

Again I apologize if that sounds harsh, but can you imagine Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett saying "Coach, I need a rest. Sure it's the playoffs and every game matters, but I'm tired."?

I can't either.

True story ....back in 1999 when my Rams won the super bowl late in the game two key defensive players walked over to the sideline and Coach Vermeil asked them what are you guys doing ?? They replied ... We are tired we need to come out. Vermeil said ....the biggest game of your life is going on right now and you guys wanna come out because your tired ??

Guest MormonGator

True story ....back in 1999 when my Rams won the super bowl late in the game two key defensive players walked over to the sideline and Coach Vermeil asked them what are you guys doing ?? They replied ... We are tired we need to come out. Vermeil said ....the biggest game of your life is going on right now and you guys wanna come out because your tired ??

I don't get that way of thinking. You've sacrificed your entire life for this-and you want to sit out because your tired?! Odds are this will never happen again. Few people even make it to the Super Bowl! 

I'm with the coach totally. I'd be baffled. Not even angry, just really confused. 

Edited by MormonGator