Ldsforums.com

Giuseppe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yediyd

I went over there...posted a comment...it is not as easy to navigate as this site...I have found this site to be the BEST site I have found...I LOVE ldstalk!!!

...but I am going to give the forums a shot!!!

Guest Yediyd

Those forums are not well moderated and I just came across a LOT of anti stuff up there...I found links to anti sites and My head is swimming with all the stuff i need to sort out now that I was never told about when I joined this church...I don't recommend that site AT ALL...don't believe I will go back to it.

We are just starting now. As usual there are people who don't have anything better to do than trying to destroy. Anti-Mormons are not welcome on LDS Forums. We are there to promote faith or answer serious questions, not to promote anti-mormonism.

We are just starting now. As usual there are people who don't have anything better to do than trying to destroy. Anti-Mormons are not welcome on LDS Forums. We are there to promote faith or answer serious questions, not to promote anti-mormonism.

So you're only interested in faith promoting....and not the truth. Funny how you delete threads about Joseph Smith and polygamy, a quite serious topic I would think.

Bond it appears you were banned from that site. :hmmm:

Yes....apparently one is not allowed to talk about Joseph Smith in a category called "Joseph Smith". It's a real head scratcher..... :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'>

Bond it appears you were banned from that site. :hmmm:

Yes....apparently one is not allowed to talk about Joseph Smith in a category called "Joseph Smith". It's a real head scratcher..... :rolleyes:

I guess when an Administrator opens a forum they can decide what will and what will not be discussed.

I can see that your site/homepage is more open to...

"Mormon Discussions. . . Because we all want the truth.

Here is a place of free discussion. Whether you want to discuss the finer intricacies of doctrine, or whether you want to discuss the truthiness of the church in general, your word will be heard here.

Pro, anti, investigator, questioner, critic, apologetic, no matter what you call yourself, what you have to say, or what your agenda is, you have a place here. We pride ourselves on a minimalistic moderation policy, so that your voice is always heard. "

I imagine you crossed some lines at LDSFOURMS and got yourself banned. :dontknow:

I imagine you crossed some lines at LDSFOURMS and got yourself banned. :dontknow:

I guess so....quite a few other posters also got banned for posting on the same thread on which I was banned....and they're of much better character than I am. :sparklygrin:

I kept following these links and ended up at a Donny Osmond site. Hmmmm.

Donny.com? Don't go there!!!! Their customer service is the absolute worst. I waited over 2 months for an item I ordered from them that they promised in 2 weeks. When I emailed them, they never bothered to respond, not even an acknowledgement letter. They may be good people for all I know, but they are rotten at the whole business and communications thing.

<div class='quotemain'>

I guess so....quite a few other posters also got banned for posting on the same thread on which I was banned....and they're of much better character than I am. :sparklygrin:

Ah Ha!

So you admit what you are.

<div class='quotemain'>

Oh, don't sell yourself short. Your whole group looks pretty slimy from what I've seen. I went to your site and saw the thread where you were gloating about disrupting other lds boards and delighting in tearing down others' testimonies.

Oh, don't sell yourself short. Your whole group looks pretty slimy from what I've seen. I went to your site and saw the thread where you were gloating about disrupting other lds boards and delighting in tearing down others' testimonies.

Oh cry me a river.....all I did when talking to the poster on ldsforums.com (yodiyd I believe was her name) was present some facts....if those facts tear down testimonies they just might be true. You want all the facts right....not just some of the facts?

As to delighting.....while I might delight in educating someone on the truth concerning someone's character, but delight in tearing down faith....no.

If you look for it you will find it good or bad. Just my opinion.

Yeah....but I'm not talking about looking at given facts and interpreting them. I'm talking about giving info that posters don't know about. For example, the lady who I was talking too didn't know that Joseph Smith had 30+ plural wives. That's kinda a big deal, don't you think?

Now that she has that information....she can get a better picture of Joseph Smith. I'm not saying being a polygamists makes a person a bad person alone, just that getting hidden info out of the closet and up on the table where people can see it helps create a more rounded view of a person's life.

Why does it was "None" on Religion?

I'm not currently following any religion....I don't know what I believe. I totter somewhere around agnostic today probably. Tomorrow who knows?

Guest Yediyd

The lady you were talking to was me and it DID rattle my cage to hear all this stuff that was NEVER discussed with me prior to joining this church and even now three years in, I am JUST now learning some of the ugly truths...but I have had time to talk to some of the stronger members of my ward and I've prayed about it and I know that Joeseph was a prophet, he was a man and not perfect...He did some questionable things, but so have I. That doesn't make this gosple less true...David was a man after G-d's own heart and David was a murderer and adulterer...

I am not going to let those things rob me of my faith.

Nice try, though Bond!

Guest Yediyd

Yed,

I am sorry Bond was able to get to you.

It wasn't the LDSFORUMS who did this to you it was a malicious member who joined that new site (bond).

I was foolish to let him get to me...I am still learning. I am a little put off by the fact that our leaders don't come outright with these things so we new members don't get blindsided with this information when we run into antis. I think the truth should be taught, the good, the bad, and the ugly...Noah was a drunkard, after all...he was still a prophet.

Guest Yediyd

I still have a hard time seeing him as a prophet. I know he preached and he told people of the coming flood... SOme day I'll look at that concept.

Noah prophesied about the flood for 100 years before it came. That's good enough for me.