A Little 'Bout Me

iamkari

I am a long-time "investigator" but I think the time has come to make the change.  I've been interested in the LDS way since I was a kid growing up among a large number of LDS families.  I never met a member who wasn't the nicest around.  Of course I wanted to be more like them.

I am married to someone who is not interested in becoming involved with the LDS church which is OK with me but maybe someday he will be.  I've met with missionaries on numerous occasions and have taken the lessons at least three times.  I'm meeting with them again after wondering if they ever venture into my neighborhood.  They sure do.  After avoiding a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses not two weeks prior to the sister missionaries visiting, I was glad to see them.  I have no children and have recently moved into the neighborhood.  

I am a long-time "investigator" but I think the time has come to make the change.  I've been interested in the LDS way since I was a kid growing up among a large number of LDS families.  I never met a member who wasn't the nicest around.  Of course I wanted to be more like them.

I am married to someone who is not interested in becoming involved with the LDS church which is OK with me but maybe someday he will be.  I've met with missionaries on numerous occasions and have taken the lessons at least three times.  I'm meeting with them again after wondering if they ever venture into my neighborhood.  They sure do.  After avoiding a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses not two weeks prior to the sister missionaries visiting, I was glad to see them.  I have no children and have recently moved into the neighborhood.  

Wowthanks for sharing and welcome :D

Jane_Doe, thanks for your reply.  I know very few who are married to non-members.  I have an 80-something-year-old friend who has been married to a non-member for probably 60-years.  Also, I used to live in Wyoming (Gillette).   

...  I know very few who are married to non-members.  I have an 80-something-year-old friend who has been married to a non-member for probably 60-years. 

It can be interesting, and rewarding how different our experiences may be.  Personally, I've known many members who married non-members. All wonderful people.  Love to compare viewpoints.  :)

Hello and welcome to the forums! I'd love to hear more about your progress as you continue meeting with the missionaries and consider baptism. I joined when I was eight and three decades later I still consider it the best decision I've ever made :) I know of many people whose spouses are either inactive or non-members, and in some relationships it creates friction but in others there are no issues. Religious differences can add pressure to a marriage similar to money problems, parenting approaches, in-laws, etc. but you would by no means be a "second class citizen" as a member who is married to a non-member. Trust your heart, pray for guidance and do what you feel is best for you. Either way, you are welcome here.