Will BYU have to provide housing for same-sex married couples?

It seems absurd, but if the Supreme Court rules that marriage is a Constitutional right then the IRS may deny tax-exempt status to schools that refuse to offer same-sex housing, just as it did to Bob Jones University in 1983, for denying housing to interracial married couples.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling-could-create-religious-liberty-issues-for-christian-schools-charities-obamas-lawyer-admits-138417/

I think that's the endgame; but it's worth noting that ib the BJU case there was a clear, extensive, and stringently enforced federal statute prohibiting racial discrimination by private actors. We aren't quite there for gays--yet.

The next move, I think, is to modify the Civil Rights Act of 1963 to add gays as a protected class. That will be when things really get unpleasant.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

It seems absurd, but if the Supreme Court rules that marriage is a Constitutional right then the IRS may deny tax-exempt status to schools that refuse to offer same-sex housing, just as it did to Bob Jones University in 1983, for denying housing to interracial married couples.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling-could-create-religious-liberty-issues-for-christian-schools-charities-obamas-lawyer-admits-138417/

BYU is funded by the Church, and since the Church does not recognize or sanction SSM, I doubt it.