Sharing my patriarchal blessing and a comfort blessing: I'm confused.

So I've had the great blessing of having a patriarchal blessing the month of December of 2014.

It was really an uplifting experience, but... I'd like to ask you guys what you think of what I've been told, since it confuses me and I need some help understanding it.

In my patriarchal blessing I've been told "I'd be raised the morning of the resurrection". Does that mean somewhere I'll die?

Before answering, please read the next portion.

I've been constantly fearing the news of imminent world war 3 in the world, Jade Helm and everything that could happen and my big brother who is *literally* endowed with the spirit of god when he gives me comfort blessings has told me this: "You heavenly father is telling you that Mmost of what you fear won't even happen."

Now that is great, but then he said. "Your Heavenly father wants you to know that you won't even be here when it'll happen."

Can anyone help me figure this out? I just can't seem to find peace knowing I might die soon if WW3 broke out or this whole Jade Helm whatever it is...

Anyone who can give me a concise, comprehensive answer will bring a lot of peace to a constantly scared man like me. I'm sick of being scared.

I know I shouldn't be scared, god told me many times in my Comfort Blessings but my syndromes and all that, they make it hard!

Thanks again.

Guest LiterateParakeet

Chris, I don't have an interpretation, but I do have advice.

In my experience, those times in our lives when we are afraid, or hurt, are the time that have the most potential to bring us closer to the Lord.  As you reach out to the Lord to overcome your fears, and receive peace, your faith will grow.  That is a great blessing because when you think about it, everything depends on faith.

You can do this.  Read the scriptures and ponder them...the words on the page may not hold the answers that you seek, but they can help you feel the Spirit.  Pray, fast, and repeat until you find peace.  When you find that peace that comes from the Lord, it will be better than any answer that any of us could give you.

Interpreting blessing can be tricky. It's like that on purpose, much like the words of Isaiah or John the Revelator. Wisdom and the Spirit must be involved. Revelations often have multiple meanings.

What does "...won't even be here..." mean? Where is "here"? Is it a physical location? Is it a location of spiritual maturity and growth?

LiterateParakeet said it perfectly. I could not agree more. What was said in that post is true, true, true.

In my patriarchal blessing I've been told "I'd be raised the morning of the resurrection". Does that mean somewhere I'll die?

I don't mean to sound flippant, but of course it means you'll die! It's pretty difficult to be resurrected until you do. 

As for your Patriarchal blessing (and comfort blessing for that matter), no one here has the authority (and hence the ability) to interpret them for you. And you should be leery of anyone who claims they can.

As to your apparent fear of dying; WHY are you afraid? 
Does your fear stem from the thought of leaving loved ones behind?
Fear of the unknown?
Concern that you're not yet prepared to meet God?
All of the above?

I'm no psychologist, but I'd like to offer you a couple of thoughts.

First---don't worry so much about WHEN you're going to die. You're a child of God; your Father is omniscient and omnipotent. NOTHING can happen to you unless He either causes or allows it to happen. 
President Joseph Fielding Smith once said that: "No righteous man is ever taken before his time." 

President Spencer W. Kimball said he agreed with this and commented further by saying, "It has been said that the death of a righteous man is never untimely because our Father sets the time. I believe that with all my soul."

He further said, "I am confident that there is a time to die. I am not a fatalist. I believe that many people die before ‘their time’ because they are careless, abuse their bodies, take unnecessary chances, or expose themselves to hazards, accidents and sickness. … I am positive in my mind that the Lord has planned our destiny. We can shorten our lives but I think we cannot lengthen them very much."

If this is true (and I believe it is) then you need not worry about when you're going to die. You may hasten the time by being foolish, but if you are living a righteous life you will not be able to lengthen it much. So your objective should simply be to live a righteous life and then leave the "when" of your death in God's hands. 

I'm reminded of the words of a couple of righteous men. 
One was the prophet Ether who wrote: 
"Whether the Lord will that I be translated, or that I suffer the will of the Lord in the flesh, it mattereth not, if it so be that I am saved in the kingdom of God."
(Translation---Doesn't matter how or when I die, as long as I am saved.)

Another was the prophet Abinadi who, when he was facing death for his testimony, said:  "But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved."
(Translation---Doesn't matter how or when I die, as long as I am saved.)

Just live a righteous life, Chris. 
Keep the commandments; magnify your priesthood and callings in the Church; love and serve your fellow man; and then you can be assured that God will watch over and protect you until He decides it's time for you to come home. 
Then you can claim the promise in D&C 42:46 --- "And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them"

Then you can view death as the prophet Enos did--- "I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father."

Or as the people of Anti Nephi-Lehi did--- "they never did look upon death with any degree of terror, for their hope and views of Christ and the resurrection; therefore, death was swallowed up to them by the victory of Christ over it."

I say again, just live a righteous life, Chris, and you will have nothing to fear.