garments part II

dahlia

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, so I started a new one.

Ladies - I usually like the cotton-jersey garments in most weather, but find that I practically pass out (no lie) with them in the summer. I have a hot weather set, but don't really feel the difference. I also like the nylon for its silkiness, but they are unbearable in the summer.

I like to wear the cotton tops skin tight. I think I got used to them that way when I first started wearing them and not wanting them to 'fight' with my clothes too much. Also, in cold weather, they're like wearing thermal undies. Now that I'm used to them and see that they don't really cause a problem with my clothes, , I'm wondering if I should get a couple of sizes bigger, so that there will be some room between me and the top?

Does this make sense? Should I wear something looser in the summer or are the garments supposed to fit like a 2nd skin?

Guest LiterateParakeet

I think skin tight is fine. Regular underwear and bras are skin tight as are bathing suits...so no big deal.

Or were you asking if something looser might be cooler? I don't know. :)

Have you tried the Carinessa? That is my FAV. I used to wear a cotton top (because my bra slips around with other fabrics, and silky bottoms (because cotton is too clingy wiTh jeans). But since I discovered Carinessa, I don't want to wear anything else. It fits snuggly to your body in a way I think you would like.

Edited by LiterateParakeet

I have some new drisilque II tops for summer time, and the product description recommends pulling the fabric away from your skin for a few seconds when you get too hot, as it dries and cools off quickly. So I ordered them a little looser around the middle for that reason. The fabric is silky enough that it never competes with my clothing or bunches uncomfortably - but the sleeves are ever a problem (see my first post on the original thread.) 

Last time I had Faramir go buy our garments, he bought drisilque ones to fit my chest but they were too big around the middle. I really like them. I think they're perfect for hot weather. 

Yeah, I was asking if getting a larger size or two would be cooler. Is the Carinessa the tight, stretchy one? I have one of those, and thought it was only OK. I like the old fashioned cotton better, except for sweating like a pig just going to the grocery store in the summer.

I think whether they fit tight or loose is personal preference.

I mostly wear the variations of cotton year-round.  I have MS, so my body doesn't regulate heat well and I have to be very careful in hot weather.  Cotton just seems to work for me.

I have worn both the DriSilque and the mesh in hot weather.  I wear the DriSilque less since they made some changes from when I originally started wearing garments (in 2012).  Don't like the new fit.  I find that fabric to be cooler if worn a little looser.

And...I have always worn my bra underneath the garments.  It is perfectly acceptable (yes, I asked the appropriate people in the temple when I was endowed) and I would suspect that helps to stay a bit cooler.

I normally wear the DriSilque.  But if I'm going to be outside for any length of time and it's hot/humid, then I feel like I've just put on a sauna suit or something. For me, DriSilque makes it worse (I wear them loosely).  So, for me, switching to the cotton-poly fabric helps me tremendously in hot/humid weather. Again, I wear them loosely.

Or I just stay inside my nice air conditioned house.....