Hello Everyone!

Liz_anne4

This website was super helpful to me as I was converting so I was eager to get around to opening my account.

I was baptized last weekend and couldn't be happier or more sure of this decision I made. Heavenly Father has blessed my life so much in these past few weeks and I am just so incredibly thankful. I started meeting with the missionaries around mid-April. I had done a lot of researching on my own before even contacting them and had even started reading the Book of Mormon (my best friend is a member of the Church and she was also super helpful at answering any questions.) At the end of my first meeting with the missionaries, they told me I was pretty much ready to be baptized and we set a date. We met several times after that and they walked me through all the lessons and it was just an incredible experience overall. 

I was baptized May 9th and confirmed the next day. 

It's insane to me that it's only been a little over a month since I started this journey and I am so excited for what Heavenly Father has in store for me. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and needs for advising as I settle in and learn more about this wonderful church that has changed my life so significantly in such a short amount of time. But for now, I just wanted to introduce myself, so. 

Hi, I'm Liz, I'm 20 years old, currently work at a gas station and I'm a new member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And I couldn't be happier about it. 

One week.  I only have 3 weeks myself.

And yes, I also find it exciting, but I'm on a special trip.

Thru' Utah, visiting Temples in St George, Salt Lake City, Payson, and Manti.

And services in St George, and tomorrow, in Torrey, Utah.

Congratulations.  Endure to the end. 

I regret that I did not do this before age 65.

You have your whole life ahead of you with this glory.

dc

wonderful of you to share your story and your feelings, welcome! :)

Howdy! :)

Welcome to the site and super congrats on your baptism!

One week.  I only have 3 weeks myself.

And yes, I also find it exciting, but I'm on a special trip.

Thru' Utah, visiting Temples in St George, Salt Lake City, Payson, and Manti.

And services in St George, and tomorrow, in Torrey, Utah.

Congratulations.  Endure to the end. 

I regret that I did not do this before age 65.

You have your whole life ahead of you with this glory.

dc

Thanks everyone!  :)

Congratulations on making the best decision of your life so far hopefully it is a decision that you and your posterity for generations will all benefit from and be thankful for. Just a suggestion for you: don't get too attached to the idea of "settling in." Instead, keep your focus on more learning, growth, movement and progression.  

Congratulations on making the best decision of your life so far hopefully it is a decision that you and your posterity for generations will all benefit from and be thankful for. Just a suggestion for you: don't get too attached to the idea of "settling in." Instead, keep your focus on more learning, growth, movement and progression.  

You're right, I probably should've worded that better! I just meant adjusting to this new life of mine, its kind of a different lifestyle than i was leading before. But yes, I am very much looking forward to learning all I can! I was telling a friend of mine the other day that it seems like no matter how much I research or learn there's always a ton more I can know! 

You're right, I probably should've worded that better! I just meant adjusting to this new life of mine, its kind of a different lifestyle than i was leading before. But yes, I am very much looking forward to learning all I can! I was telling a friend of mine the other day that it seems like no matter how much I research or learn there's always a ton more I can know! 

Liz _anne4,

I am a 5th generation Member (born under the covenant).  Unlike you - I am well past my prime.  I am an engineer and scientist and work as a consulting engineer in the field of automation, robotics and artificial intelligence.  I have been married for 42 years and have a granddaughter almost your age.  If it was not for the LDS church I would likely be an agnostic as are most of my colleagues.  Many of the forum disagree with my scientific point of view - please do not let that (my extreme nerdness) intimidate you.  I believe we live in an exciting era of learning.  May I welcome you and your fresh insights and look forward to learn more of your journey, views and opinions.

Guest MormonGator

.  I believe we live in an exciting era of learning.  

Oh absolutely agree! It's an a amazing time to be alive. We have so much information at our fingertips. It's so wonderful. 

Edited by MormonGator