Boston marathon bomber

Backroads

I believe some Amish and Mennonite groups will acknowledge the necessity of justice in the legal system and preventing criminals from acting again, but would never rejoice in their consequences. I don't really hold with that view, but it's a noble one I admire.

There's a difference between celebrating the death of an offender and celebrating the life of the survivor/s. Having a strong sense of relief - even a joyous one - that you can no longer be threatened or harmed by someone on death row is valid, in my opinion. I would think most people are able to tell the difference.

That said, absolutely, there are many MANY that celebrate both. For many, this is un-Christian and not what God would want. But I think it should also be considered, that when a heavy tragedy hits, people in general aren't in the right mindset, you're hurt and angry - especially when you've lost loved ones. I think in most cases, there's grieving steps before people are able to come to terms with things. I know that if my 3 year old was taken from me, her life gone, instinctively I'd want that murderer's head.

I think the sad thing about all this is that few have much understanding why a young man that worships G-d and has religious upbringing would kill others without regret.  As we see evil in him - he saw evil in us.  I think it would be pointless for us to think we can argue with him the evil we see in him with a unwillingness to consider what evil he sees in us.

I do not want to argue about who is the most evil but I have faced the possibility of killing other in war and I convinced myself that I would to protect my family and country - even my religion.  But I am thankful that I did not find myself in the position of killing someone - I do not think I could live with myself and would welcome a death penalty.  Not that I think we should not fight a war just that killing seldom resolves what caused the war in the first place. 

What I know of Islam and what I know of corrupt governments and people that unknowingly support corrupt governments.  I think it is too easy to find myself with some dark tendencies.  I wish I understood better the prince of peace.

Well, he's getting the death sentence. Thoughts?

not much. sorry he took the route he did. now he has to suffer the consequnces.

as for forgiiving or lifting the death sentence, that's mainly for those he afflicted, if anyone should have any say in it.