Educating our children on gender fluidity. Now what?

carlimac

Religion is based on faith not evidence.

When personal pleasure is involved - evidence is irrelevant.

Also having served in the army in an intelligent unit and trained in propaganda.  I am convinced that individuals can be brainwashed to believe anything despite evidence.  According to Joseph Goebbels; humor is the most effective of all propaganda (brainwashing) - that anything a person will laugh at they will eventually not only believe but will believe that it has always been their opinion.

I agree that parents should be able to opt out - but I will go a step farther - communities should be able to opt out and have the program dropped from their local schools.

Wow . . .my sincere condolences.  I lived in DC for over 6 years. I know that area and Fairfax very well. Good luck; many good LDS people live there (2nd highest number east of the Mississippi) but it is a den full of vipers and thieves.

I moved away from that place, because

a) while many good people are there, the whole area is corrupt,

b) people there have no clue what the rest of the country is like-they live in their own bubble. 

c) It is expensive as all getout. A normal house that costs 150-200k in the rest of the country costs 500-600k at least

d) Due to the cost of living, I quickly realized that even though I made more than the median salary in DC, in order to afford anything decent both I and my wife would have to work or I would have to suffer with a 1.5 hour commute for my life and I wasn't willing to compromise on either (especially with small kids). 

Most people have no clue as to exactly how expensive it is and how bad the commutes are until after they have moved there . . . . it is really bad.  You almost couldn't pay me enough money to live there (I'd need a good 200k+ to even think about it!)

Unless you are in the military, military posts get a housing allowance for DC which ends up being 3-4k/month; which IMO is ridiculous and only drives up the costs further . . . but if I were in the military stationed there it wouldn't be so bad.

Not to worry. It's only for a year. We'll be living in a community with a swimming pool. Lots to see and do during that year, then we'll be back in Idaho which is as dried up and boring and cheap as an old fig. 

Not to worry. It's only for a year. We'll be living in a community with a swimming pool. Lots to see and do during that year, then we'll be back in Idaho which is as dried up and boring and cheap as an old fig. 

DC is an absolutely awesome place to visit. A year is perfect to see just about all the sites there.  Manassas battlefield, ford's theater, Smithsonia, gardens, spy museum, space museum, Monticello, etc.   

The world is so weird it is dizzying. I often wonder how many kids think they are (insert appropriate inner confusion) because of the hyper intense influence of the agenda driven crowd that perpetuate this type of (be sensitive Bytor)......................stuff.

I inserted really foul language and now I'm offended.

:banana:

It's been posited that at least some who say they felt same-sex-attracted at an early age might have simply felt different.  For boys, in particular, that differentness can be frightening.  It is easier to eroticize one's fear than encounter it.  Yet, every time there is a sexual encounter, the sense of not being part of the community of men only grows.  Today it is even easier for those who might be socially awkward, and who feel like outliers, to conclude, since they are repeatedly asked about this, that their differentness must be related to sexual orientation.  I'm not sure this is intentional grooming.  Perhaps it's just the post-modern quest for as much grayness as possible.

:::cough::: We tend to vacation in Idaho...Silverwood, Couerdalene Golf Resort, Sandpoint's local charm...what's not to love?  :D

I LOVE that part of Idaho. Drop dead gorgeous! I'm down in the land of high winds, ugly windmills on hilltops, dust storms, sagebrush and lava rock.   I can see the Grand Teton now and again if I look to the right at the right time while traveling up highway 20 to my daughter's violin lessons. But it's a rare sight. 

It's been posited that at least some who say they felt same-sex-attracted at an early age might have simply felt different.  For boys, in particular, that differentness can be frightening.  It is easier to eroticize one's fear than encounter it.  Yet, every time there is a sexual encounter, the sense of not being part of the community of men only grows.  Today it is even easier for those who might be socially awkward, and who feel like outliers, to conclude, since they are repeatedly asked about this, that their differentness must be related to sexual orientation.  I'm not sure this is intentional grooming.  Perhaps it's just the post-modern quest for as much grayness as possible.

I want to highlight the importance of childhood experience as a different time of learning that will shape a persons entire life.  The scriptures say to bring up a child and they will not depart from it.  With rare exception (if there are exceptions) abusive (including violence and sexual) adults suffered the same as children.  It is possible to undo some child hood developed behaviors based in experience - but youthful experience does have a profound and very lasting effect.

Perspective from a public schooled guy whose wife is homeschooling his kids.  Parents who think opting out = keeping kids from being exposed to whatever is being opted out of, are kidding themselves.

"Where were you yesterday little billy?"

"My mom freaked out about whatever they talked about and signed a paper so I didn't have to go.  So what happened?"

"Mrs. Noggle told us boys and girls don't exist, because some kids are both or neither or something."

"Oh.  That's dumb."

"What did you expect, it was Mrs. Noggle."

"Yeah.  Let's go pick on little tommy, and call him a dimorphic gender-fluid gay bio-male who's spirit animal is a lesbian anthro-pony."

"Nah, we did that last week.  Let's just punch him."

I suggest keeping open lines of communication with your kids, and lots of mutually enjoyable fun times when they come home with the latest story of the dumb thing they got taught.

Perspective from a public schooled guy whose wife is homeschooling his kids.  Parents who think opting out = keeping kids from being exposed to whatever is being opted out of, are kidding themselves.

"Where were you yesterday little billy?"

"My mom freaked out about whatever they talked about and signed a paper so I didn't have to go.  So what happened?"

"Mrs. Noggle told us boys and girls don't exist, because some kids are both or neither or something."

"Oh.  That's dumb."

"What did you expect, it was Mrs. Noggle."

"Yeah.  Let's go pick on little tommy, and call him a dimorphic gender-fluid gay bio-male who's spirit animal is a lesbian anthro-pony."

"Nah, we did that last week.  Let's just punch him."

I suggest keeping open lines of communication with your kids, and lots of mutually enjoyable fun times when they come home with the latest story of the dumb thing they got taught.

To be fair, there's "exposure" and then there's "Exposure!". There's coming across and there's having it taught/preached. There's skeptical exposure and there's embracing supportive exposure. These things matter. I'm not sure putting it in terms of such extremes as the idea of trying to shelter your children from any exposure whatsoever is legitimate in the argument. It makes for a nice straw man. But it's really more about controlling the exposure.

Lest you think I'm just being contrary, I do think there is, certainly, some validity to the idea that if parents are teaching and raising their kids right, then what they are taught falsely in school is really not much of an issue. That being said, I tend to fall on the side of "sheltering" a bit, with a healthy understanding (I hope) that your point, while perhaps too extreme, is valid. Kids are gonna hit this stuff somehow somewhere. The solution isn't just to hide from it.

"Yeah. Let's go pick on little tommy, and call him a dimorphic gender-fluid gay bio-male who's spirit animal is a lesbian anthro-pony."

"Nah, we did that last week. Let's just punch him."

I just about snorted my lunch out my nose in reaction to this.. LOL

Does that mean I've been successfully propagandized ? Let me go consult my Goebbels Bible...

Edited by theSQUIDSTER

Let's keep telling people that. ;)

Well it's not exactly dried up right now because it's been raining for the last week and a half. May is my favorite month here. The hills look like England. But come August when the air is smokey from all the forest fires and the hillsides are yellow...Yup. It's dried up. I lost my flower growing skills when I came here. I just can't make things grow anymore.   :confused: