MMA (mainly UFC) was my last pro-sport pleasure. With Jon Jones' suspension,

Vort

Ronda Rousey, and to a much lesser extent Cain Velasquez, are the only things keeping me even slightly interested in the UFC. I'm about ready to break completely with watching any professional sports at all.

Even college sports are mostly really boring. As a middle-aged man, I have been surprised to discover that basketball, which was always my favorite sport growing up (both to play and to watch), is actually pretty darn boring. Baseball is better. BASEBALL. Football is okay, I guess, but kind of annoying.

Rugby -- now there's a man's sport. I could totally get into that. It's like football for people who don't want to wear suits of armor. Not sure what the relationship/difference is between rugby and Aussie rules football, but the latter is totally cool to watch, too.

But when it's all said and done, I think I'm just losing my taste for watching sports. Which frees up many hours per month for me to play in my wood shop...

Come on in Vort...the water is fine  :rockonsign:

I've definitely changed allot as I've aged but watching sports has never held much interest for me. I played football and was First String Varsity wide receiver my Junior year and still had a difficult time fitting in with average dudes as I could only name a handful of NFL teams and definitely couldn't name any of the players. Let alone any other team sport.

I did have a period of time where I enjoyed watching the MMA, but it was more about hanging out with my brother and when I moved I lost interest because I started doubting how honest the matches are. I think I would still enjoy watching a track meet or some of the Olympics if it was ever broadcast better.

Anyway like you said more hours to enjoy other things.

I don't usually have/make time to watch sports now. But I normally try to tune in big games, like any finals or playoffs in most sports. I do enjoy those games. 

Outside of team sports, I do love to watch any extreme sport like BMX, Skate boarding...etc. 

Are you talking about Dueling Choreography Competitions (which I know are real)? Or is there such a thing as lightsaber dueling competitions?

Not when I was a kid. I don't know about now. The first sounds stupid. The second...I have dreams...but....no. Just kids with sawed off shovel handles who took it way to seriously. :)

I still love watching sports. I love college hockey and basketball and football. I go to about 4-5 college football games a year and I go to several high school football games and basketball games. I love pro football and basketball and baseball. I also love Rugby and soccer and love auto racing. I love pro hockey too.

I subscribe to two magazines .....Sports Illustrated and ESPN the Magazine.

Rousey is amazing.

Vort, what do you do in your wood shop? Working with his hands doing woodwork is a real fancy for my dad - when he's got the time. Christmas is always fun because he makes his gifts for us kids, but in recent years, has been focusing more on making fun things for the grandkids.