Duggar Son Accused of Child Molestation

Guest LiterateParakeet

Guest LiterateParakeet

Estradling, so it all comes down to not believing the victim? I'm not being sarcastic, I feel genuinely disappointed. I should have seen it. I guess I just didn't want too...just like people who don't want to see the abuse.

Thanks for the conversation, I have to step back from this now. I have to clear my head. I'm okay, but I need to step back or I won't be.

I don't think anyone is talking about this case in particular on the subject of did-he-or-not. But, yes, it does all come down to believing the victim, or the accuser, whoever that might be. And this is a core part of justice. Evidence is needed. We can't select our hot-button topics such as abuse and say the accuser gets a free ride to the top. I'm not saying abuse is okay. I'm not. I believe just the opposite. But to suggest that in every case the accused should just bow down to the Great Horror of Abuse Scandal and go with the flow is wrong. Try a Google search. Lives are ruined and ruined easily by people flippantly throwing out abuse accusations like candy at a parade. Even after the falsely accused are proven innocent their lives are ruined with no hope of repair. And yes, I realize fully that those who are abused have their ruins. What I'm saying is that abuse cases should not be treated lightly. So, LP, to say you're disappointed at the idea that people don't immediately rush to the defense of anyone who claims abuse or don't immediately throw rocks at the accused is extremely hurtful.

So, LP, to say you're disappointed at the idea that people don't immediately rush to the defense of anyone who claims abuse or don't immediately throw rocks at the accused is extremely hurtful.

Indeed I would say for all the talk about love and understanding is exactly what we should be doing...  It needs to encompass both sides or shows that it that we still have a long way to go before we can truly say we are loving and understanding of all people.  Until then we are hypocrites only willing to extend love and understanding to those we judge worthy of such.

Guest MormonGator

I'm confused on one thing: who unsealed the records?

I'm not sure it matters. Of course whoever did should be fully prosecuted but we can't go back and re-seal them. The information is out there.

Guest MormonGator

I know of no law that says the juvenile records of celebrities get to be unsealed. My assumption is that this is all above-board, because no one is complaining about it being illegal. His name was redacted in the police report, though they are not denying it was him.

Like I said before, the unsealing was grossly unethical and whoever did it should be prosecuted fully and thrown in jail. 

There is no law about celebrities having their juvenile records sealed forever. That said, the law can't physically stop someone from sealing their records, it can just punish you after the action.  

Edited by MormonGator