Collusion between state and LBGT groups to punish baker

prisonchaplain

Even those who completely support same-sex marriages ought to find this level of coziness between state government and advocacy groups disturbing.  http://dailysignal.com/2015/06/01/emails-raise-questions-of-bias-in-case-against-bakers-who-denied-service-for-same-sex-wedding/

After all, what happens when the political winds change, and government decides to get cozy with conservative advocacy groups?

Smaller government is looking better all the time.

I live in Oregon and this doesn't surprise me one bit.

And it's going to get worse.  Here in Oregon and all over the United States.

I am glad to be closer to the end of my life than to the beginning.  What's right versus what's wrong has become so messed up in this world, that I'm sometimes scared for what is yet to come.

After all, what happens when the political winds change, and government decides to get cozy with conservative advocacy groups?

Lol  you mean like it is in the southern states ;)  Take a look at who is helping sponsering some of the stuff in Texas and and Alabama.  Both sides are guilty, though i wonder why only one side was mentioned?

Edited by Soulsearcher

Lol  you mean like it is in the southern states ;)  Take a look at who is helping sponsering some of the stuff in Texas and and Alabama.  Both sides are guilty, though i wonder why only one side was mentioned?

Both sides are guilty?  Well, sure...so this doesn't matter?  That's too pat...too easy.

If a southern state government agency colluded with a traditional values lobbying group to bring punitive charges against an LBGT-owned business, such that they would be bankrupted--then refused to communicate with the press, while its representatives were consulting with said lobbying group, then let's see the evidence. 

And if such a thing happened, it should have been punished--as should the above referenced incident.

I agree that traditionlists have behaved badly, and that a lot of stories can be responded to with, "Yeah, we experienced that too."  This one seems over the top, though. 

I think that's what it'll take to convince people. Let's face it, no one ever paints conservatives as the victims, but in this instance they are.

This is the type of thing that smears the LGBT crowd and makes them so untrustworthy. Even if 90% of gays are peace-loving and fair-minded, these rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.

I only personally know a few gay people and unfortunately I've had very bad exchanges with them where crude and offensive language was used and personal attacks were launched against me and others by them.  I don't generally pigeonhole people, but more and more, I'm finding a commonality among them and their supporters that is pretty distasteful. Soulsearcher is still a decent hold out.  I don't agree with his outlook on things, but at least he isn't one of the toilet mouthed that seem to be out to destroy what remaining respect we had for them.

+1 Fascism

fascism.jpg

Fascism is pretty dang efficient. If you want an effective and efficient government, it is a good way to go. Don't forget to check your other ideals baggage(tsk liberty, tsk democracy) at the borders though, cuz it cuts into the efficiency.

Edited by Crypto

This is the type of thing that smears the LGBT crowd and makes them so untrustworthy. Even if 90% of gays are peace-loving and fair-minded, these rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.

My anger is directed at the govt officials, not the LBGT community.  Lobbyists lobby.  If people of power are dishing them information, they'll take it.  It's biased govt officials, using their office unethically that infuriates me. 

Guest MormonGator

My anger is directed at the govt officials, not the LBGT community.  Lobbyists lobby.  If people of power are dishing them information, they'll take it.  It's biased govt officials, using their office unethically that infuriates me. 

Amen to that. 

...and then surprise, surprise. We come to find out that  the LGBT community and the biased govt. officials are often one in the same.