Hello everyone!

Swart

Hi everyone! 

My turn to introduce myself :) 

My name is Swart. I live, together with my lovely wife, in the city of Amersfoort in the Netherlands. 

I'm 26 years old. My wife is 25. We are both serving in the church in several callings. We are both temple workers in The Hague Temple. We've been born in the church and both served a mission. 

I already love this forum. I leave judgement to the Lord in almost all cases. I will try to invite people (everywhere, including this forum) to come unto Christ. 

With brotherly kindness, 

Swart 

Hi everyone! 

My name is Swart. I live, together with my lovely wife, in the city of Amersfoort in the Netherlands. 

I'm 26 years old. My wife is 25. We are both serving in the church in several callings. We are both temple workers in The Hague Temple. We've been born in the church and both served a mission. 

I already love this forum. I leave judgement to the Lord in almost all cases. I will try to invite people (everywhere, including this forum) to come unto Christ. 

With brotherly kindness, 

Swart 

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your posts :)

Hi everyone! ...My name is Swart. I live, together with my lovely wife, in the city of Amersfoort in the Netherlands.

With brotherly kindness, 

Swart

Hi Swart,

Years ago, my wife and I were fortunate enough to spend several days in your beautiful country (on our way further north). I have a little bit of Dutch ancestry, when some of the English Puritans stayed there and intermarried before going to Plymouth colony. Almost all of our time in the Netherlands was spent in the Friesland province. We attended the branch at Leeuwarden, where everyone was very nice, and one kind family even invited us to join them for Sunday dinner.

The next day we visited the local museum that had what was believed to be the longsword of the freedom fighter Grutte Pier. What I found additionally interesting about him is that he reportedly had his captives repeat a shibboleth to distinguish Frisians from infiltrators.

At one museum in Friesland was an old artifact of two human figures, one of which was kneeling, that looked distinctly like the laying on of hands.

Later, at a bed & breakfast in Friesland, (at a quiet farmhouse), the owner allowed us to borrow his rowboat, and I rowed my wife a mile or two up the canal to the nearest village for an afternoon outing. It was the most peaceful, enjoyable day of our entire trip.

While in the area, we also visited the place where Boniface was killed, and a few locations related to the history of Menno Simons. Although we only had time to see a small portion of your country, we completely loved it.

Enough rambling for now.

Welcome to the forum!

Edited by hagoth

Hi everyone! 

With brotherly kindness, 

Swart 

welcome and glad to have ya!