Any reactions to this approach to the Jenner gender thing?

carlimac

Here is another blog (that probably most won't read)  that is more real and honest in my opinion. It's a good review of the fable if nothing else. I like how it applies to this situation. 

#forwhatitsworth

http://www.chrismarie.com/conversations/2015/6/1/caitlyn-jenner-the-emperors-new-clothes

That was interesting, Carlimac.  Here's a more paranoid (but equally provocative) take on the situation that also touches on the fable of the emperor's new clothes.  Its conclusion:

The moral is that we should be ashamed of ourselves and aspire to be as virtuous as this child. But of course in reality this child would have been arrested and executed, alongside his parents. Which is obviously why nobody tells the king about his new clothes. They’re not stupid.

This says a lot about Western sensibilities.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I like what Dr. Paul McHugh from Johns Hopkins has to say: “’Sex change’ is biologically impossible,” People who undergo sex-reassignment surgery do not change from men to women or vice versa. Rather, they become feminized men or masculinized women. Claiming that this is civil-rights matter and encouraging surgical intervention is in reality to collaborate with and promote a mental disorder.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Should we show compassion for such folk?  Certainly.  And, if someone within our influence has these tendencies, I believe we should try to make sure they are receiving the counseling they obviously need from doctors who actually understand the disorder rather than trying to conform to political correctness.

Edited by classylady

Funny how accepting people are of Mr. Jenner's very obvious mental illness and even call him a hero for giving completely over to the illness. Don't see that happen with other forms of mental illness.

The physicians, so called, that perform the disfiguring surgeries on Jenner and others should have their medical licenses revoked and should be hauled into court and prosecuted.

Edited by bytor2112

Guest MormonGator

I feel sorry for Jenner because I don't think what she is doing addressees the underlying issues. 

That said, it's a free country so knock yourself out. 

Plot twist- In the end, what we think doesnt matter.

Sure what we think matters, because what we think we teach to our children (not to mention to our fellow-man).

Love and understanding is our job, no matter what

But this is not the end-all of our job.

Guest MormonGator

Love and understanding is not holding up an obvious sick person as a hero to the rest of society. We make judgments all the time and I am certain the Lord would have us judge between right and wrong and what Jenner (he...folks, not she) is doing is wrong on multiple levels. 

This might be true, but really Bytor my friend, why let it bother you? Who cares? 

Guest MormonGator

Well...it is a thread on a forum, so, I am commenting. :-) Secondly, because seeing people destroy there lives and in so doing help others to do the same is troublesome. 

Dude, comment until you are blue in the face. I was just commenting too and asking a question. I've seen you post a few things about Jenner here. Just curious. That's all.

It's of no concern to me whatsoever. I care about his/her/its personal life as much as his/her/it cares about mine. 

Why let it bother you? You can't force Jenner to behave certain way. Agree to disagree with him and move on or you'll drive yourself insane. 

Edited by MormonGator

Dude, comment until you are blue in the face. I was just commenting too and asking a question. I've seen you post a few things about Jenner here. Just curious. That's all.

It's of no concern to me whatsoever. I care about his/her/its personal life as much as his/her/it cares about mine. 

It is absolutely a commandment from Christ himself that we love our neighbor as ourselves. As his disciples and as one who holds the Holy Priesthood of God....I must care. We will be held accountable for how we exercised the keys, power and authority granted us in this life. 

I care because it harms Heavenly Father's children and the example it sets to a very impressionable and lost people will serve to lead them farther away from Christ and the Gospel. If it were your sister or brother....you would care. Jenner is ....our brother and those he influences are our sisters and our brothers.

Edited by bytor2112

Guest MormonGator

It is absolutely a commandment from Christ himself that we love our neighbor as ourselves. As his disciples and as one who holds the Holy Priesthood of God....I must care. We will be held accountable for how we exercised the keys, power and authority granted us in this life. 

I care because it harms Heavenly Father's children and the example it sets to a very impressionable and lost people will serve to lead them farther away from Christ and the Gospel. If it were your sister or brother....you would care. Jenner is ....our brother and those he influences are our sisters and our brothers.

So what do you suggest we do than? 

Guest MormonGator

Not suggesting we do anything...but u asked why I care....that is why. Prayer would be a great place to begin.....

I hear that my friend. Don't let it bother you too much though. 

I didn't know who Jenner was until very recently. I thought he was a talk show host or something. 

Edited by MormonGator

I'm a libertarian, and so do not care whether a person chooses to change his gender or not.  That said, I do not believe that Jenner really wanted to be a woman.  Instead, The Vanity Fair front cover proves she really wanted to be Kim Kardashian.  Bruce Jenner could not get attention as a man, so she is now seeking attention as a KK impersonator.

I remember as a child watching and reading about Bruce Jenner. Though I played basketball and baseball and ran around like other boys, I never felt particularly athletic or drawn to sports. But Bruce Jenner was different; he was an exceptional athlete not at one or two sports, but at pretty much everything. He was the embodiment of athletic excellence. I would not go so far as to say he was my "hero" or "most admired" or anything, but he was a cultural touchstone to me of what excellence meant. Somewhat unconsciously, I wanted to pattern myself after Bruce Jenner, only in intellectual things. Obviously, I have not reached anything like the heights Jenner did, but I have found a lot of satisfaction in the journey.

Bruce Jenner is an intelligent but mentally ill man. It is my opinion that a just God will judge our generation AND ITS CONSTITUENT MEMBERS very harshly indeed for condoning and encouraging the spiritual wreck of this, his son, instead of offering comfort and help where we might have.

But then, perhaps our perverse beliefs are themselves punishment enough.

I don't understand it...

What many do not know, is that the leading cause of death among those who have sex change is suicide. One cannot simply ask for a sex change operation, you must be cleared to insure you are not at risk. Despite the many screening processes, it is still leads to depression and sucide at alarming rates.

Guest MormonGator

I'm a libertarian, and so do not care whether a person chooses to change his gender or not.  

I'm a libertarian as well. I view Jenner as an attention seeking five year old, but she has the right to be that way. It's more of an annoyance than anything else at this point. 

I'm not a libertarian, i'm a conservative. That said, I DO care that he has a sex change, as I care about everyone else who has a sex change. I can't do anything to stop them and I don't think the government should intervene, but people shouldn't be so paranoid of being branded 'judgmental' or 'bigot' for saying "Hey, I think you should get some serious help".

Transgenders are tacked onto this ever-growing acronym of LGBTQ etc. But I think that's just a ploy - because so many people have accepted the narrative for homosexuality, they will accept transgenderism as nothing different...

Edited by Syme