Youtube Celebration Of Cats!

pushka

A selection of Links to many cats featured on YouTube...from Evil to talking!

Evil Kitty: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bq5jkIkhndM

Sleepy Kitty making biscuits: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Hjpa5TXes&...ted&search=

Kitty and his box: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vdQj2ohqCBk&...ted&search=

Talking Cat...'oh long john..': http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=964uCtgsDoE&...ted&search=

It's oh so Cute! Cats of YouTube Music Video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ4vmSvCVbc

And Finally...my all time favourite Cat song, Love Cats by The Cure:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeZRBStMNQ

Push,

Why oh why would you do that to me?! :angry:

Only joking. My children and I have been watching YouTube cats a lot. Whenever, they get too comfortable with their cat, I remind them of the evil/angry cats they saw on YouTube.

1. My daughter used be able to get our cat to turn into the "Evil Kitty," but he's on to her now and won't do it anymore.

2. I was so RELIEVED to see that "Kitty and the box" was not about a litter box.

3. The Talking Cat was hysterical!

The nursing home my grandmother stayed in the last few days of her life had a cat that just roamed the halls and stayed on patient's beds. The staff said the same thing, and in fact, it was on my grandma's bed when I walked in to see her. She died within days. :(

Elphie

I'm glad you all enjoyed the clips...I could sit and watch cats 'performing' forever!

Doc...I just couldn't resist making this tribute for you, lol.

Shan...that cat story is so strange...I remember when I was very young, probably pre-school age, that one of our pet cats used to lie next to me on the settee when I was ill.

When I got my two cats - Fred and Ethel - they were rescued feral kittens. They were about 4 weeks old and Fred was slowly starving to death.

I was able to save Fred, by feeding him about every two hours. I had to keep him away from Ethel as she would beat the blazes out of him. She out weighed him by a pound and she was much stronger than he was. I kept Fred in the pocket of my bathrobe. He was warm, safe and away from Ethel.

Consequently Fred became my little buddy. Ethel was very shy and timid. I couldn't pick her up, and I couldn't use a trick twice on her to get her into her carrier. Once Fred tipped the scales as three pounds, and Ethel was at 5.5 lbs. the Vet and I decided to let them interact together. They did just fine.

Fast forward a year. I have married and moved them to Arizona. Ethel loves this house, there are so many diverse bugs and things for her to hunt and eat. Fred likes it here too, 'cause he has one more human to love him and to love.

Ethel is leery of Husband. He seems okay - he doesn't even attempt to chase her around trying to pick her up. He ignores her mostly, and when she wants a rub or snuggle he sits still and lets her do it. OKAY - that makes her happy.

Now we bring home a new human. Husbands mother. She has Alzheimers, and she is a small animal lover from way back. Mom is not comfortable in this house. She is restless, upset and she seldom sits still long enough to fall asleep.

Fred and Ethel sneak out into the living room to see who has invaded their quiet little abode. Mom finally falls asleep, and while I am taking a shower - Fred and Ethel check out Mom.

When I come out into the living room - there is Ethel, all curled up on Moms stomach and chest. Mom has her arms around her and she is sound asleep. Fred is curled up at her feet with his head on her instep and his front paws wrapped around her.

As long as those cats are sitting near or on Mom, she is relaxed, quiet and more often than not sleeping.

Ethel will not come to me unless I am not wearing street clothes and I must be in bed! But here she is sleeping on top of Mom, and Mom is in street clothes. We can not get her to wear anything but street clothes!

Long, Long heart breaking story about that.

Mom stays with us for three weeks until we can make travel arrangements for her to go to second sons home to live out the rest of her life. Ethel is almost a "velcro" kitty when it comes to Mom. She even goes into the bathroom when Mom gets her bath! That cat hates the bathroom!

Because of her calmness when the cats are sleeping on, near, with her. Second son waits until she gets there, then takes her to the local humane society and gets her not only a cat - but a border collie. She is in 7th Heaven. She seldom "Sundowns", and she sleeps through the entire night!

Back in Arizona with Ethel -shortly after Mom left, Ethel adopted Husband. She sleeps next to him when ever she can. She follows him around. She will also come to me now. When I am in street clothes and sitting on the sofa! She loves to sit at my feet when I am eating. No, she doesn't beg food - but she knows that I am going to be still for a certain amount of time, and she can get in her cuddle and snuggle then. Fred waits until I am almost asleep, then he curls up either behind my legs or on my tummy.

Cats know when you need extra attention and loving. If it hadn't of been for Ethel, we would have had to sedate Mom. That is not good to do to Alzheimer's patients.

I love cats - I loved my dogs too - but I really prefer Cats.

That's a great story, Iggy. I love cats too. Honestly, I used to base my first impressions of people on whether or not they like cats! Usually people who like cats are more gentle, laid back, and kind. It seemed that people who weren't the nicest generally didn't like cats.

I've since changed that opinion, as there are a few good people I know who don't like them.

My cat, Jasmine, is awesome. She is hugely fat, due to a metabolism problem bc I feed her a miniscule amount... less than half cup a day of senior/lite cat food. I always get the second degree when I take her to the vet. They say she's getting into food somehow, but I know she isn't. She doesn't like any food except catfood and milk, which I don't give her anymore.

Anyway, she is such a cuddly cat and loves to sit on anyone who comes to our house. She sleeps with my son and he thinks that is the best. We used to have a dog and they were best friends who constantly had to be by each other. Now she is like that with the chickens! She loves to be around them and has never been agressive to them. Show her a cat though and she freaks out... hates them!

Anyway, getting back to on topic, when one of us is sick she never leaves our side... esp. my son.

Honestly, I used to base my first impressions of people on whether or not they like cats! Usually people who like cats are more gentle, laid back, and kind. It seemed that people who weren't the nicest generally didn't like cats.

Hey Shanstress,

I kick my cat every chance I get! :P

Elphaba

<div class='quotemain'>Honestly, I used to base my first impressions of people on whether or not they like cats! Usually people who like cats are more gentle, laid back, and kind. It seemed that people who weren't the nicest generally didn't like cats.

Hey Shanstress,

Elphaba

Then there are the ones who pretend to not like cats. You wouldn't have one if you didn't like it. ;)

Iggy, what a beautiful story about your mom...I hope that she is still happy at her son's house...and enjoying the dog and cat there!

Well, for those folk who thought the Evil Cat was disturbing to watch, you aint seen nothin' yet!

Meet Burger and Fries: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2mbeSAmUP4

Now that cat has issues!!

MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elphaba :ahhh:

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>Honestly, I used to base my first impressions of people on whether or not they like cats! Usually people who like cats are more gentle, laid back, and kind. It seemed that people who weren't the nicest generally didn't like cats.

Hey Shanstress,

Elphaba

Then there are the ones who pretend to not like cats. You wouldn't have one if you didn't like it. ;) Shan, She's a WITCH!!! She got the stupid cat because it was in her by-laws!!! That doesn't mean she has to love it!!! Yeeesh!!!! :P

(note the emoticon, to indicate that I am just KIDDING)