Loading lds.net

beefche

Am I the only one that is getting a strange message about loading lds.net when I click on it? It's something about protection by CloudFlair and it's checking my browser.  It is taking about 10 seconds or so to load?  And it's all of my computers (each one is using Chrome as the browser).

It's just weird....

On a different note, does anyone know why my DoS attack doesn't work anymore. I managed to bring the site down for a few minutes this morning, but I haven't been able to do it again since.

Do I need to go distributed?

Are you rotating your IP address? Spoofing might work in some cases.

Cloudflare is often used by websites to protect themselves from DDOS attacks, and yes, the message you are seeing is a symptom of enabling the "I'm under attack" option within the cloudflare control panel. The only reason you'd do this is if someone was actively running a DDOS attack against your website, and that is probably why lds.net was offline for a few minutes too.

The 5 second redirect you are seeing primarily means standard HTTP DDoS attack traffic will never hit the lds.net webserver. Instead, the load is taken by cloudflare themselves who have a much larger infrastructure and are more easily able to handle it.

As long as cloudflare has been set up properly, it's actually really quite difficult to DDoS a website using it to the point that most attackers just give up.

Edited by Mahone

Are you rotating your IP address? Spoofing might work in some cases.

Likely a SYN attack and is usually well protected against at the network border. This kind of attack won't ever hit the webserver most likely, even without cloudflare protection.

Edited by Mahone