MLS quick question

Timothy Lewis

Is there a bug?  Or how to fix this issue? Please help

I said, 

Dear Stake Clerk ,

I'm not sure our High Counselor inform you about my new calling?   I want to remind you to update my new calling for Mesa Branch (Sign Language) Elders Quorum Second Counselor. I done Set Apart on 07 June 2015 by High Counselor  Thanks!

Stake Clerk Said:  

I do not have the ability to update that calling.  You will have to coordinate with the branch clerk.

I said,

Interesting, That what Brother Jones (Branch Clerk) told me. He don't have the ability to update that calling. He ask me to contact you since it is part of Stake interview and set apart.
cleardot.gif

Your branch clerk is in error.  The responsibility for updating your calling in the MLS falls to the branch.

Now your branch clerk might feel that he can't because he does not have the information he needs. Namely the dates you were set apart and sustained and yes he is correct that the Stake was responsible for that happening.  But anyone can supply him with the dates that it happened.

It is the stake clerk's calling to train the branch clerk.

It is the branch clerk's calling to update MLS for callings

I don't know about your branch but the ward I attend has a log book of calling and setting aparts - name, date, & and who set them apart in addition to MLS.

If you have access to MLS, you can u can update it yourself. I serve as EQP and both counselors have acces to MLS. Actually, we have switched to LCR and no longer use MLS. 

Just because you may have access to MLS does not mean you have access / permissions to update callings.  In my ward, only the Clerk can update callings on MLS.  

Just because you may have access to MLS does not mean you have access / permissions to update callings.  In my ward, only the Clerk can update callings on MLS.  

I have been updating callings as EQP for over 5 years......pretty certain my counselors can do the same. Though, not sure about the new LRC which seems to only allow me to make changes.