Teen LDS girl "gets saved" while visiting friends church- How will her family respond

Honestly, I had a similar experience in my conversion to the church. I went to Wednesday mutuals with friends, attended church services on Sundays with friends. I was asked if I wanted to go to youth conference, and I said sure. Our stake rotates through and goes to the local (read: I live in Missouri) church history sites every four years, and we happened to go to Independence, Far West, Adam-Ohndi-Ahman, and Liberty on this conference. At the end, we went to a church building for a testimony meeting. I listened to a lot of what was said by others and near the end of the hour, I had this strong feeling that I wanted to get up and say something.

It wasn't a testimony that followed the typical format, but I expressed my happiness at being invited and how I loved the kindness and acceptance that the other youth had shown to me over the weekend. I said that I could see the light that they shared with others and I wished I had something like that in my life.

At that point, was I converted? In some ways, yes. I started the discussions with the missionaries shortly after. But in many ways, my expression was no more than a desire to come closer to Christ. And in the end, isn't that what we all want and need, to come closer to Christ? If that conversion comes through our experiences in LDS settings or while discussing gospel values with friends of other faiths, does that lessen the conversion? If this girl has expressed that she is "born again," maybe she's just expressing that she feels closer to her Savior, not a desire to leave the Latter-day Saint community.

I skimmed this conversation, and I think everyone needs to remember that conversion is a slow process.  Not just in religion, but in all changes we make in life; they are all made in steps.

That being said, I believe I've heard that even members of the church are continually still working on their conversion.   We are to always work on our testimony and strengthen it.  We are never without weakness as humans, it is our very nature that we have problems, issues, and weakness.  We always need improvement, so conversion is always happening; we're converting ourselves into better versions of ourselves on a daily basis.