The best way to retain faith is to defend it.

Pa Pa

Due to back problems, most months the only time I am out of the house is to be in Church. Have not been more than 5 times in three months. In that setting I never have the need to "debate my beliefs". It is a terrible cost, between doubting and depression, one can find yourself questioning almost anything. Then on Tuesday of this week two people come by for a visit from a nearby Baptist Church...so I decided to answer some of their questions when I told them I was Baptist but now Mormon. Hose questions led to 2 1/2 hour visit, during which I found myself not explaining my faith, but "defending my faith".

It was fun and uplifting...for a change.

Anyone with similar thoughts or stories?

I feel like I have to do this often, though I think that comes with being the only Mormon some of my friends know. It's a very interesting blessing to have, to be sure.

I'm looking forward to being able to explain my faith further in the near future to my family. There's much they understand, but still a lot that I could do to help them more.

A few years back a friend of mine came to visit. We had not spoken for years. In those years time we had both changed a lot. She also said i was hardly recognizable, because back then i were a bit of a wild cat, but now i were a mormon - and it had made a noticable difference. She had changed as well, but still had a few of the bad habits that we used to share. So we talked all night long. Being mormon isn't a commen thing here in Denmark, so it is not uncommen that people think of it as some sort of cult. Though people does seem to have become in general a bit more informed.

Well, questions came rolling in, and i tried my best to answer them :) and found myself increasingly feeling the spirit as i defended and explained my fondness of my faith, as you do. Much to my surprise i found out that she had felt something too, while talking about it. And for the next months we talked back and forth and within a short time in those months she had begun getting missionary visits.

Long story short, because of all of this she stopped her bad habits one by one and then she was babtised after about six months period. :D

You never know what happends in people's heart when they see your passion. And how the holy spirit works with them. It certaintly surprised me.

Edited by Milluw

A local church has stopped by and when they found out I was a Mormon they started to come after me a bit for our beliefs. At that point I stepped around the corner and grabbed my copy of their Bible and that was the end of conversation. They don't stop by my house anymore when they make their rounds.