Youtube Apologetics

cdowis

>>no marriage in heaven (revised)

Actually that is not what he said.

Go to the Bible, and read what He actually said .........very very carefully. Eternal marriages cannot be performed in heaven, only on earth.He gave that sealing authority to Peter, Matt 16 [19] And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
This authority was given to him, among other things regarding  the kingdom of God , during thew 40 day ministry. See Acts 1 verse 3
Edited by cdowis

>>To have faith means to not have proof of what you believe.
I agree with you.
In the spiritual realm, faith is a prerequisite to knowledge. Likewise, if we are to gain an understanding (knowledge) in science, such as astronomy == we have a "faith" that our scientific instruments will give us data which then will lead to knowledge.
I think of faith as the telescope of the spiritual realm. Refuse to look in the telescope, you will continue to believe your unaided, unenhanced eyes that the sun revolves around the earth.
I suggest that you read Alma 32, starting with verse 17 to read more about this process of going from faith to knowledge before responding.

Restored Gospel

"What are those missing parts?",
1. Christ taught that baptism is necessary for salvation in the Bible, but many Christians deny this teaching.  This doctrine has been emphasized in modern revelation, and that it needs to be performed by one having authority from God.

2. Christ told Peter,  Matt 16 [19] And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. That priesthood power has been restored to the earth and is held by the living prophet.

3. In Acts 1 it tells us that Christ taught the disciples the things of the kingdom of God for forty days, but what exactly did He teach.  We do not find a record of what He taught. For example, we know that the early Christians were practicing baptism for the dead, but it is not explained at all.  Just a side note. Those teachings of Christ has been restored through modern prophets.

4. Many Christians today believe in the Nicene Doctrine of the "one substance entity" (homoousia), but Jesus taught the relationship with the Father, as well as the disciples, in John 17:19-23.  This teaching has been clarified through modern revelation.

15 minutes ago, pam said:

Let's keep in mind that because Handbook 1 is not available to the general public, we don't allow the quoting of it here on the forums.  

Ah, I was not aware of that.  I'm not sure if I've ever done it (I think I have not, though I may have summarized some part of it) but I was not aware of this (if I read about this previously I think I may have forgotten or not recalled it...I blame age).  Thank you for the reminder...I will try to not do such things.

6 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

Ah, I was not aware of that.  I'm not sure if I've ever done it (I think I have not, though I may have summarized some part of it) but I was not aware of this (if I read about this previously I think I may have forgotten or not recalled it...I blame age).  Thank you for the reminder...I will try to not do such things.

Twas not you but a good reminder for all of us.  

16 hours ago, pam said:

Let's keep in mind that because Handbook 1 is not available to the general public, we don't allow the quoting of it here on the forums.  

Indeed...  As a point of clarification though.  If the church itself quotes Handbook 1 (say in a press release) you can post a link to the official church page that does so... You just can not reproduce the quote here.  Basically the for us the Church controls all expressions of Handbook 1...  This is true of any restricted church content.  Say for example the temple ceremonies.  If the church were to publish them we would allow links to the official publication but we do not allow reproduction of any part of them here.

Satan and Christ brothers

I am saying that this is a half truth -- out 0f context of of what we actually believe. We are ALL children of God --Satan is your brother, he is my brother.  We are eternal beings, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father.
We lived as spirits before we were born and we will continue to live after we die. Depending on the choice we make in life, determines if you will live with God again.

Satan made the wrong choice while in the spirit world. 
https://youtu.be/9MiF_HKoFr4

Edited by cdowis

seer stone

Why follow Moses who used a magic staff that turns into a serpent (like Satan in the Garden of Eden) and used this magical staff to perform miracles

==A seer stone to translate and a staff to part the Red Sea== both used by a prophet to perform a miracle

The faithful seeker of truth are not afraid to say, “I do not know, I do not understand”; while others simply complain, “I doubt.” 

Doubt, unless transformed into inquiry, has no value or worth to the soul…. To take pride in being a doubter, without earnestly seeking to remove the doubt, is to reveal shallowness of thought and purpose.  Doubt of the right kind—that is, honest questioning—leads to faith.

The scientist and  the  prayerful man or woman   learn that some things are known, others are not. They cease to doubt but seek answers   But those who are  consumed by their doubts  often substitute ridicule for reason, and are  unwilling to patiently pay the  price finally to replace their doubt with knowledge.

Kinda like when he Pharasees heard Christ say, "Tear down this temple and in three days I will build it back up." And Christ dies a terrible death, and a few days later he was visiting the apostles and eating a meal with them.

Talking crazy == how about entangled particles communicating instantaneous across a galaxy (quantum physics) ONLY when someone is observing them. They know someone is looking at them??

👀 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefsPBDOcFE

On 12/31/2018 at 10:49 AM, anatess2 said:

I heard NDE and I thought of @DennisTate

Reading near death experience accounts got me disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of its offshoots back in 1991.  

I am truly impressed by the fact that Latter day Saints tend to accept these accounts and take them as seriously as I do myself.  

Edited by DennisTate
spelling... Latte day... funny.....

>>pedophile

>>Joseph Smith had 40 wives, some of whom were already married, and others who were 14 years old.

Get the facts.

"some were already married" There are two types of marriage -- temporal and spiritual marriages. Spiritual marriages are sealings for eternity only. These women already had another husband, in a temporal marriage, and their "marriage" to Joseph Smith were for eternity only.

"14 years old" Permission was granted from both the father as well as the young lady. While unusual, it was permitted -- the King of England, Henry VII, was born to the queen when she was only 13 years old. Finally, DNA research shows no offspring from any of these marriages.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, DennisTate said:

Reading near death experience accounts got me disfellowshipped from the Worldwide Church of God and one of its offshoots back in 1991.  

I am truly impressed by the fact that Latter day Saints tend to accept these accounts and take them as seriously as I do myself.  

Raymond Moody spoke at BYU and told us that he found it interesting how the LDS church beliefs and stories of the afterlife were so close to his own findings regarding NDE experiences.

Edited by cdowis

>>leave the church

The Prophet Joseph Smith made the following statement to a man who wondered why those who had left the Church fought so fiercely against it:

"Before you joined this Church you stood on neutral ground. When the gospel was preached good and evil were set before you. You could choose either or neither. There were two opposite masters inviting you to serve them. When you joined this Church you enlisted to serve God. When you did that you left the neutral ground, and you never can get back on to it. Should you forsake the Master you enlisted to serve, it will be by the instigations of the evil one, and you will follow his dictation and be his servant." (in "Recollections of the Prophet Joseph Smith, " Juvenile Instructor, 15 Aug. 1892, 492

On 1/25/2019 at 4:55 AM, cdowis said:

Raymond Moody spoke at BYU and told us that he found it interesting how the LDS church beliefs and stories of the afterlife were so close to his own findings regarding NDE experiences.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opinion

"It makes no difference what is written or what anyone has said, if what has been said is in conflict with what the Lord has revealed, we can set it aside. My words, and the teaching of any other member of the Church, high or low, if they do not square with the revelations, we need not accept them. Let us have this matter clear.   You cannot accept the books written by the authorities of the Church as standards in doctrine, only in so far as they accord with the revealed word in the standard works.   Every man who writes is responsible, not the Church, for what he writes. If Joseph Fielding Smith writes something which is out of harmony with the revelations, then every member of the Church is duty bound to reject it. If he writes that which is in perfect harmony with the revealed word of the Lord, then it should be accepted."   
- Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1956, 3:203-4

"If anyone, regardless of his position in the Church, were to advance a doctrine that is not substantiated by the standard Church works, meaning the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price, you may know that his statement is merely his private opinion. The only one authorized to bring forth any new doctrine is the President of the Church, who, when he does, will declare it as revelation from God, and it will be so accepted by the Council of the Twelve and sustained by the body of the Church. And if any man speak a doctrine which contradicts what is in the standard Church works, you may know by that same token that it is false and you are not bound to accept it as truth.
" - President Harold B. Lee, 1st Area General Conference for Germany, Austria, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, and Spain, August 24-26, 1973

3 hours ago, cdowis said:

opinion

"It makes no difference what is written or what anyone has said, if what has been said is in conflict with what the Lord has revealed, we can set it aside. My words, and the teaching of any other member of the Church, high or low, if they do not square with the revelations, we need not accept them. Let us have this matter clear.   You cannot accept the books written by the authorities of the Church as standards in doctrine, only in so far as they accord with the revealed word in the standard works.   Every man who writes is responsible, not the Church, for what he writes. If Joseph Fielding Smith writes something which is out of harmony with the revelations, then every member of the Church is duty bound to reject it. If he writes that which is in perfect harmony with the revealed word of the Lord, then it should be accepted."   
- Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation, 1956, 3:203-4

"If anyone, regardless of his position in the Church, were to advance a doctrine that is not substantiated by the standard Church works, meaning the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price, you may know that his statement is merely his private opinion. The only one authorized to bring forth any new doctrine is the President of the Church, who, when he does, will declare it as revelation from God, and it will be so accepted by the Council of the Twelve and sustained by the body of the Church. And if any man speak a doctrine which contradicts what is in the standard Church works, you may know by that same token that it is false and you are not bound to accept it as truth.
" - President Harold B. Lee, 1st Area General Conference for Germany, Austria, Holland, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, and Spain, August 24-26, 1973

Wow.... prayer request: