Can you lose temple recommend over too much diet coke?

It's amazing you can do that. I can barely pump my own gasoline.

I don't claim to be a great mechanic, but I am more careful than some when I know it's going to be my butt (or that of someone I care about) in the driver seat. That's a bigger incentive to double check all the fasteners, etc. than just having an insurance company deal with a lawsuit.

So, could I lose my temple recommend for helping NightSG with car repairs?

Depends on how many new words you learn and where you use them.

• 1 month later...

I love a spirited (the pun was ABSOLUTELY intended) debate. What I really love to do though is inject slippery common sense. So here goes...

One can get a Temple recommend and maintain it simply by answering the questions the right way. Even if it's a lie. I know this because I once asked that question of a Stake President and that is exactly what he told me. Problem is, Father doesn't appreciate being mocked and He will eventually balance your bankrupt moral checkbook. There is only one real answer to the WoW question, whatever the exact wording may be - The words have been spoken and we all, as individuals have a duty to interpret them in a way that keeps us in touch with the Spirit. The core of the WoW is to protect our bodies and treat it like the Temple it is supposed to be. Only YOU can decide if your actions are appropriate with that information presented as doctrine. With that said, the only thing you can get in the way of feedback is DO it/ DON'T do it. But it means nothing without weighing it against your faith and testimony. Everything else is conjecture.

BTW... Crack will really pick you up too. Tastes like Meth. Or is that spotted owl. Or bald eagle. Never mind. It is all bad for you. DON'T DO IT!!!^_^Pttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhh

• 3 months later...

Just to let you know how my issue resolved, I did mention that I drink about 1.5 liters of diet coke a day to my bishop at my last interview.  He told me that this isn't the kind of thing that would affect my temple recommend or was necessarily even sinful.  He did, however, tell me that I may want to consider cutting back, similar to if I told him I eat a dozen donuts every day.  

So anyhow, that is apparently what happens when you tell a bishop about a major diet coke addiction, in case you are curious.

On 7/30/2015 at 10:16 PM, Eowyn said:

I haven't had a diet Dr. Pepper for almost a month. I feel like I should get a coin or badge or something. 

I am SO good at quitting DDP. I wonder when I should do it again.

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Eowyn said:

I wonder when I should do it again.

As soon as I quit my polygamous lifestyle and constant vodka consumption. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, zil said:

:annoyed: So that's where my vodka keeps disappearing to!

::arms crossed, foot tapping::

Dearest Zil, that's the issue with my multiple wives being on this forum. All of our dirty laundry gets thrown in public. Why do you think LadyGator doesn't have a screen name? 

We're out of cigarettes too. 

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

We're out of cigarettes too. 

Hallelujah!  Like I ever wanted lung cancer from all that second-hand smoke...

PS: LadyGator asked me to pass on a message: "Tell LordGator to bring his DarthVador suit in off the line when he gets home."

8 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The proper title is Lord, Master or Sir. 

MormonGator > LadyGator > LordGator > LordVador > Darth Vador > Darth Vader

Free association, dude, with some rhyming... :)

Anyway, she said it, not me.  I'll pass your "drop Gator from Lord" request back to the compound.

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, mirkwood said:

That only applies to the swords and maybe my knives.

You and Unix told me I could lose my temple recommend for playing Dungeons and Dragons!