Has anyone cracked the code on temple film rotation?

I went through a long period of not going to the temple nearly often enough, and then only being able to do initiatory work. Anyway, last night I went to an Endowment session (Boise temple) for the first time in a couple of years, and I was excited because I would finally get to see one of the new films. But as soon as it started, I recognized it as an older one. 

I wondered if anyone knows how and when they rotate through different films? Not that it will necessarily affect my attendance, but I would like to see the other interpretations sometime.

I can only tell you how the Mt. Timp temple works, and it is by room. They play the same film in the same room, so depending on the room time, the time lines up with the film. If you need more detail on which film is in which room I'll have to ask my wife because I cannot remember. The only exceptions to this are language sessions and the like (ASL) where they replace the film with the older one.

That knowledge is found only through frequent temple attendance. :)

Or being a temple worker. ;)

Edit: Which I suppose is frequent temple attendance. So... But the difference being that they specifically explain it vs. having to just figure it out over time.

Edited by The Folk Prophet

Meh...you should have come back with: "Not if you go frequently but to the same session every week." (imagine snarky tone for effect...in fact, add a "neener" to it.)

I must be losing my edge. 

Weren't there 3 old ones as well? I know there was at least two old ones. 

There were two--one with a certain character played by Derryl Yeager and one with that same character played by Michael Ballam. 

(Obligatory photo follows:)

satan.jpg

From what I understand, a couple years ago, one of the actors in the version featuring Michael Ballam (not Ballam himself, who from what I understand is a stellar guy) turned into a gay rights activist and sued the Church to stop using his image and likeness.  The Church basically sent the film back to the editing room and spliced in images/audio of a completely new actor in that particular role, but then the original actor started demanding that the Church turn the edited copy of the film over to his attorneys so that they could verify he no longer featured in the film.  Rather than allow copies of the temple film out of its possession, the Church simply quit using that particular film at all.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

There were two--one with a certain character played by Derryl Yeager and one with that same character played by Michael Ballam. 

(Obligatory photo follows:)

satan.jpg

From what I understand, a couple years ago, one of the actors in the version featuring Michael Ballam (not Ballam himself, who from what I understand is a stellar guy) turned into a gay rights activist and sued the Church to stop using his image and likeness.  The Church basically sent the film back to the editing room and spliced in images/audio of a completely new actor in that particular role, but then the original actor started demanding that the Church turn the edited copy of the film over to his attorneys so that they could verify he no longer featured in the film.  Rather than allow copies of the temple film out of its possession, the Church simply quit using that particular film at all.

You have the two versions of the film backwards. They still use the Ballam one.

http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/local/article_c8a8b4c0-e630-11e2-a8e9-001a4bcf6878.html

My favorite user comment:

"If Satan is bound, doesnt that mean the Millennium has started?"

Seriously. I busted a gut!

I went through a long period of not going to the temple nearly often enough, and then only being able to do initiatory work. Anyway, last night I went to an Endowment session (Boise temple) for the first time in a couple of years, and I was excited because I would finally get to see one of the new films. But as soon as it started, I recognized it as an older one. 

I wondered if anyone knows how and when they rotate through different films? Not that it will necessarily affect my attendance, but I would like to see the other interpretations sometime.

For the right amount of MONEY I could tell you ...... Lol!!!?