Has anyone cracked the code on temple film rotation?

Ok. After my temple assignment I now know this much:

Room 1: Film A

Room 2: B

3: C

4: D

A is the old (Ballam)

B is 1st new

C 2nd new

D 3rd new

Rm 1 is southeast corner

2 southwest

3 northwest

4 northeast

I'm not entirely sure about times, except that I was in the 4:45 session in room 1. I think they're every 45 min. ??

So the room numbering was done by a mathematician viewing the blueprints upside down and with south to the top?

If that is in fact the numbering, it tracks the sequence in which the Nauvoo Temple cornerstones were laid--clockwise, starting at the southeast.

If that is in fact the numbering, it tracks the sequence in which the Nauvoo Temple cornerstones were laid--clockwise, starting at the southeast.

Ah. So it's the mathematicians themselves who are upside down and backward. I can believe that.

As far as which film gets shown, Idaho Falls still moves room to room, so everyone alwas starts in the same room.  I can't say much as to any descernable pattern I've seen except that when things get really busy they seem to go to the older one because it's shorter and they can actually push an extra session through on the half hour instead of only on the hour.

Of course since Idaho Falls is closed for renovation until October 2016, it isn't really showing any of them at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went through a long period of not going to the temple nearly often enough, and then only being able to do initiatory work. Anyway, last night I went to an Endowment session (Boise temple) for the first time in a couple of years, and I was excited because I would finally get to see one of the new films. But as soon as it started, I recognized it as an older one. 

I wondered if anyone knows how and when they rotate through different films? Not that it will necessarily affect my attendance, but I would like to see the other interpretations sometime.

I travel a lot and have seen all the films except one at different temples - Film D. I finally saw that tonight at the Sacramento Temple. All I can say is that I was so distracted by how bad Film D was I couldn't pay attention to the endowment session. Film D made the spanish soap opera version look good. I was so grateful when it ended. I would definitely pull D out of circulation if I could.

(There seems to be some confusion about what film is D. It's the one that has some pretty watercolor art at the beginning)

Edited by clwnuke

• 2 weeks later...

I officiated in Room 1 this last Saturday and it was film C. Which makes a lie out of my previous comments. I am reasonably certain, however, that rooms 2, 3 and 4 align with films B, C, and D respectively. I don't know how they handle Room 1 beyond that, except that on shift changes they use film A, and they had film C this last Sat. I wouldn't be surprised if it was C, B, C, D, unless they have a shift change or a language need, and then it becomes A, B, C, D. ??

I figured for a long time that they just didn't show the old one anymore. I went a lot over the summer while on break and saw all three new ones multiple times. I didn't see the old one for the first time until I went in late July with a friend. She seemed overly excited that it was my first time seeing it.

At least I get some of the opera jokes that have been made now...