Ronda Rousey was at -1700 against Bethe Correia

Vort

Yawn. Another day, another Ronda Rousey first-minute-of-first-round championship fight stoppage.

The line on Rousey against Bethe Correia was -1700. When I saw that, my first thought was that if I were a betting man with $1700, there's the easiest $100 I would ever make.

Took Ronda all of 34 seconds to knock Correia out cold. Heck, that's four seconds longer than her last two championship fights combined. The woman is obviously slipping. (But the highlight segment still lasts longer than the actual fight did.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jf0BzK9xW0

If you want to see a vid of the fight (taken from someone's TV screen), watch it while you can, before it gets taken down.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/8/2/9086473/ronda-rousey-says-dont-cry-to-bethe-correia-after-knockout

I don't know her from Mike Tyson, but I saw this post on FB awhile ago and it impressed me:

I'm not one to watch fights, but this morning I couldn't ignore all the buzz around ‪#‎RondaRousey‬'s fight vs. Bethe Correia who had been trash talking her leading up to the event, making fun of her father's suicide and implying that Ronda was mentally unstable.

It's low to attack someone off-court. But it's even worse to bring your opponent's family into it! Ronda knocked her out in just 34 seconds.

What I love about Ronda is that she's showing what it looks like to "fightlike a girl." She also represents a body type that some may criticize for being "too masculine." But you know what? She offers soooooo much more than her looks (which btw, I think she's gorgeous)! This is a reminder to all of you that no matter how strong, successful, rich or famous you get, there will ALWAYS be haters. Most likely there will be even more. But don't listen to them. Keep doing your thing. Keep being you. That's how you'll end up on top.

11800573_887861144596148_883626213588230

Ronda is a witch with a capital B. Always has been. She's a total drama queen. You should've seen her on Ultimate Fighter making mountains out of molehills everytime Meisha tries to make things fun. She'll take offense at anything just to find something else to be angry at the other girl about.

Bethe never disrespected Ronda's dad. She was doing the fight promotions that everybody else does (they're instructed to do so) and didn't know anything about Ronda's dad. Ronda, of course, turns it into this big personal poor-me-I'm-gonna-cry-now drama just so she'll feel better about destroying them on the ring.

Hey, she's got great MMA skills - unparalleled, undefeatable. She's projecting an awful off-ring persona, and with young girls following her around, I wish Meisha Tate (who is a much better persona off-ring) was skilled enough to shut her up.

VORT!!!  DID YOU SEE DILLISHAW?????

Now, Dillishaw... he's my guy.  He is awesome in the ring and out (at least from what we see in Ultimate Fighter).  And I love his fighting style.  There's no stepping back with that guy... feint and hit right back... that's the order of the day.  It's so fun to watch.

Sadly, I never watch UFCs live. No $$$. So no, I didn't see Dillishaw's heroics, though I did read about them.

I like Rousey. Yes, she's probably a jerk to some extent, like most superfocused athletes. And she had a rough time on The Ultimate Fighter. But she strikes me as 100% authentic, which I appreciate. Jon Jones was my big fave among the fighters, and I think his duplicity has been as much a turn-off to me as anything. (Well, not including the DUIs. Those were big.)

Guest MormonGator

Sadly, I never watch UFCs live. No $$$. 

I know the feeling! 

You can go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the big PPVs. It's pretty cheap. I'll also get my friends together and say "You bring the chips, soda and nachos and you can come watch the PPV at my house"

Just some ideas 

Guest MormonGator

I can get into enough trouble with all the sports I have in my life now. Ask my wife !!!

I'm watching Yankees-Red Sox right now with LadyGator, who thankfully is a huge baseball fan. 

I'm watching Yankees-Red Sox right now with LadyGator, who thankfully is a huge baseball fan.

Can't get my wife to watch baseball unless our St Louis Cardinals are in the playoffs. She does like to watch St Louis Blues hockey with me.

She gets into Short track speed skating. She use to be a speed skater ... Former city champion and state champion.

Sadly, I never watch UFCs live. No $$$. So no, I didn't see Dillishaw's heroics, though I did read about them.

I like Rousey. Yes, she's probably a jerk to some extent, like most superfocused athletes. And she had a rough time on The Ultimate Fighter. But she strikes me as 100% authentic, which I appreciate. Jon Jones was my big fave among the fighters, and I think his duplicity has been as much a turn-off to me as anything. (Well, not including the DUIs. Those were big.)

I know the feeling! 

You can go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the big PPVs. It's pretty cheap. I'll also get my friends together and say "You bring the chips, soda and nachos and you can come watch the PPV at my house"

Just some ideas 

DUDES!!!  THE DILLISHAW FIGHT WAS IN REGULAR FOX SPORTS CHANNEL!  It wasn't on PPV!  It was one of those special, let's draw the crowd into MMA presentations.

Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN74OSnFya4

Edited by anatess

DUDES!!!  THE DILLISHAW FIGHT WAS IN REGULAR FOX SPORTS CHANNEL!  It wasn't on PPV!  It was one of those special, let's draw the crowd into MMA presentations.

Here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN74OSnFya4

Holy cow. Dillashaw won the first three rounds handily, then lit up poor Barao to start the fourth. Total dominance. I haven't been a big fan of the smaller weights, but that was amazing.

Holy cow. Dillashaw won the first three rounds handily, then lit up poor Barao to start the fourth. Total dominance. I haven't been a big fan of the smaller weights, but that was amazing.

And that doesn't even compare to the beauty of the first fight!   It was a 5 round match on PPV so there were no Youtube videos of it. 

Dillishaw vs Barao 1 where Barao has been dominating that class with 35 undefeated fights and held the belt for a while even beating Faber who is Dillishaw's team mate and training partner and Dillishaw was not making any waves in his own fights... then he got a chance to take the belt from Barao with a -800 favorite odds against Dillishaw at +550... and within the first 2 minutes of round 1, I was at the edge of my seat wondering - Who is this guy????  He was sooo good!   A lot people got rich that day.

See if you can find some fight highlights somewhere... I would pay PPV money to get a hold of a copy of that fight!

\