11:11

Jamie123

It seems that whenever I check the time, I always find it is 11:11.

I'm not the only person who's noticed this. there is even a Wikipedia page about it!

The best theory I can think of is that I actually check the time more often than I think, but only when it happens to be 11:11 does it stand out in my memory. After all, on a 12-hour clock it is the only time when all four digits are the same.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I'm not the only person who's noticed this. there is even a Wikipedia page about it!

The best theory I can think of is that I actually check the time more often than I think, but only when it happens to be 11:11 does it stand out in my memory. After all, on a 12-hour clock it is the only time when all four digits are the same.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I'd wager that's what your body rhythm and/or pattern set by your daily habit is set to...

10 o clock for me.

Anyone agree/disagree?

I agree with your theory and tend to think the same thing happens when people have had a bad day and notice on the way home that a full moon rides the sky.

Edited by lonetree

Anyone agree/disagree?

For many years after we married, my wife and I would glance at the clock and tell each other, "It's eleven-eleven." (Assuming it really was 11:11.) We also noted 1234 at 12:34. I expect you're right about the reason, though the fact that younger adults tend to go to bed around 11 or 11:30 doubtless biases the results.

Whenever I check the time, it's 34 minutes after the hour. It kind of freaks me out.

Numerologists have theories about recurring numbers in your life, but I think that's all silly.

11:11 is a matter of superstition or wishfulness for people struggling w/ infertility. I'm not at all sure why that is, except that it resembles the two lines on a pregnancy test that are so hoped for. There are women I know who make actually set alarms for themselves every day to spend at least that full minute (11:11-11:12) thinking about where they are in their journey. I guess that definitely makes it a superstition. 

On a completely separate note, but still related to the overall topic I think: I have these weird hiccoughs that I have had since I was 16 (so about 12 years.) Thankfully I only get them a few times a day, because they are strange, loud, and often quite uncomfortable. Although I have tried various homemade tests to figure out what might cause them, I haven't cracked the code yet. The first day I started experiencing them I was at girls camp. Right from the beginning they annoyed me (and everyone around me) so much that I started checking my watch whenever one happened. I had a single hiccough every hour, for about 11 hours, on the 17th minute of each hour. It was rather odd. 

Edited by char713