Spiritual Health

Bini

I officially resigned from the LDS Church earlier this year. I don't regret it, it was something I needed to do. But between then and now, I am finding myself relating more to agnostic concepts, rather than full-on atheist ones. I feel that a divine being cannot be proved nor can it be disproved. I am open to the possibility that a God or gods exist beyond this realm, but I am also open to the possibility that this life is it and nothing is beyond. Either outcome is all good, as I will continue to treat others as I wish to be treated, and I will strive to not take the small things for granted.

I also wanted to thank everyone here who has always shown kindness to me, answering my questions and giving insight when asked, I appreciate it. I've learnt a lot from the discussions on here, and even as an ex-member, I can affirm that the gospel has instilled positives in my life. (Like the importance of family and continually building up your marriage.)

Anyway, this is just a little update on how I'm doing for anyone that cares, haha. Like I tell people, both believers and non-believers, even though I don't subscribe to any religious belief, I still consider myself being in tuned with spirituality - peace and harmony - that good stuff :)

Well, I obviously disagree with your conclusions and would humbly suggest that--as happy as you are and as well as you're doing--you might well find yourself even happier and doing even better if you gave the Mormonism thing another whirl.  ;)  But, I certainly wish you well and it's always good to hear from you.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I noticed you missing just the past few weeks.  I have always been intrigued that you were an 'ex' member yet gave some of the best LDS based insight in the discussions. 

I personally believe faith is an evolving thing. Although a faithful member of the Church myself, my knowledge and understanding changes all the time. I find that my expanding faith still fits in the framework of the gospel as taught by our modern day prophets. I'm not trying to read between the lines in their teachings - I feel the Spirit confirm to me that what I am learning is in alignment with LDS teachings.

I get frustrated when dealing with hard-line orthodox members who feel they are defending the faith by allowing no thought beyond what they know. I believe our mortal lives restrict our ability to learn as much as it provides unique opportunity to learn what cannot be learned in a spiritual existence. And so I believe we shouldn't discount other people's understandings and faith. We don't need to accept and practice all things, but we should not devalue other faiths because we don't understand them. I think it is this lack of tolerance, by many, that pushes members out of the Church.

And so Bini, I do not mourn for you but am glad for your journey. I hope it leads you back to accepting a need for ordinances and covenants (the principle purpose of the Church) but, in the mean time, learn and grow, and exercise faith. 

Edited by sxfritz

Thanks everyone :)

I'm feeling pretty good. There's definitely been some awkwardness between some family and friends that are Mormon and or Christian in general but overall we've come to accept our differences.

@Anatess! I've been around, just mostly pregnant and trying to keep busy and active :) I have less than 12 weeks left and this baby is due!

Thanks everyone :)

I'm feeling pretty good. There's definitely been some awkwardness between some family and friends that are Mormon and or Christian in general but overall we've come to accept our differences.

@Anatess! I've been around, just mostly pregnant and trying to keep busy and active :) I have less than 12 weeks left and this baby is due!

Bini!  I don't remember you telling us if it's another girl or a boy this time!  Inquiring minds need to know!