Average Joe

Children will now have “Parent 1” and “Parent 2” instead of a mommy and a daddy, according to Tennessee’s Administrative Office of the Courts.

Shortly after the Supreme Court redefined marriage, the state’s Office of the Courts revised its documents. A spokesperson for the courts confirmed to me that the words “Mother” and “Father” had been replaced by the terms “Parent 1” and “Parent 2.”

1439911231007.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

(Source article)

Sickening, isn't it.

The other thing that bothers me is ... "men and women are equal". 

No.

Men and women are not equal and never will be.  They are complementary.  They fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, to make one whole.

They each have separate and independent roles that they use to work together as partners.

Men are to be fatherly, and the woman is to be motherly, to the children.

And together they are supposed to teach the child all of what he learns about life, not the school.

dc

In the defense of helpless filing clerks everywhere, this deal wasn't exactly their fault, and this fix isn't really their fault either.

They have a job that involves filling out forms correctly, and if two dudes show up for a custody hearing, and you have one line for husband, and one line for wife, and you get in trouble if you do it wrong... 

Now you've got forms you can fill out correctly, which only makes a different group of people mad.  Has anyone ever had a crap job that you just hated?

I am offended at the implied inequality between partner's. Not to mention the constraint on number of partners.

I'm not partner number 2, I'm too important for that. I'm not partner number 1, I'm to humble to place myself above my partner.

Of course I jest, I really just don't care about the obvious fact that legal documents will have to account for the new definition of marriage.

Edited by jerome1232

I heard some bakeries are now making only generic wedding cakes.  Any customizing must be done by a third party.  They do not want any arguments over making a natural wedding cake or homosexual wedding cakes.

So, would they have two ducks on the top of the cake?  Or would it be two Martians?

:D

I heard some bakeries are now making only generic wedding cakes.  Any customizing must be done by a third party.  They do not want any arguments over making a natural wedding cake or homosexual wedding cakes.

Can cakes be gay?  :P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3014666/Christian-baker-sued-refusal-make-gay-marriage-cake.html

Note that this form appears to be a parenting plan, which sounds to me like a divorce thing. I do not think it necessarily implies that "father" and "mother" are no longer legally used terms.

Touche.  You don't know whether the plaintiff will be the mother or the father (and same for the defendant), so economy dictates that in a divorce form you're simply going to identify the plaintiff with "parent 1" and the defendant with "parent 2".

I can pretty much promise you that, when I'm arguing a divorce case, I don't care what's on the form.  I will call my client the child's mother (or father, as appropriate) as often as possible.

Edited by Just_A_Guy