Women added to three Church councils

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865634860/In-a-significant-move-women-to-join-key-leading-LDS-Church-councils.html?pg=all

As one of them said, we're in a time when there are more sister missionaries out than ever before, and it's exciting to see the contributions of the women in the Church continue to grow.

I think it's awesome. Not that I belong to the Purple Pants Posse or endorse Kate Kelly in any way... of course we know that this isn't the same ball of wax. Still, some people on Facebook are OFFENDED. I guess being offended is a hobby that will always keep you busy. 

I tend to look at this as I do most changes in the church. I trust that God leads the church, and therefore I trust that this is right. What I don't think ought to be done is the reading-into-it that seems to occur around the web-o-sphere. As in - the church was behind the times and now they're finally catching up to our enlightened society, and or the like.

I don't see it that way, just that as there are more sisters serving in the mission field, there is more need for the female perspective. At least on the missionary board. 

Agreed. There are valid suppositions and invalid suppositions. Invalid suppositions stem from faithless, critical, naysaying thinking. Valid suppositions stem from faithful, supportive, positive thinking.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865634860/In-a-significant-move-women-to-join-key-leading-LDS-Church-councils.html?pg=all

As one of them said, we're in a time when there are more sister missionaries out than ever before, and it's exciting to see the contributions of the women in the Church continue to grow.

I think it's awesome. Not that I belong to the Purple Pants Posse or endorse Kate Kelly in any way... of course we know that this isn't the same ball of wax. Still, some people on Facebook are OFFENDED. I guess being offended is a hobby that will always keep you busy.

I am happy abut this. Exciting times ..... Some people get offended at the drop of a hat.

I am reminded of something said by Winston Churchill when he was told that by the year 2000 women would rule the world.  His answer was - Still?

As the Chruch continues to grow and as members also continue to grow - I suspect that revelation in families and head of family to become more apparent and common.  As I understand the primary councle is that of a man and a womam that have been sealed - all other quorums and councles are created to support the primary councle of family.

• 2 months later...

There's no need to exercise it anymore. The very phrase "trigger warning" contains a trigger word!

The internet SJWs who cry about "trigger warnings" can kindly get back to me when they can say they've been witness to someone dying horribly.

Suffice to say that "trying to keep the building next door from burning down after someone plows their car into it" is no way to start a shift.