Feeling a pull towards LDS

BladeMoses

So, really weird thing has been happening to me lately.  I know nothing about the Mormon faith and have never really studied it but somehow a month ago I started feeling a huge pull towards the LDS church and I cannot explain it.  The pull was so much that I decided to go to Salt Lake City for a week to really try and put everything into perspective. Being around that community and the temple made me feel some sort of convictions that I still am not sure I fully understand.  I just got back home and have just been reading non stop about the Mormon faith....

Keep in mind I am 28 years old and not a religious person, have never even considered LDS in any way and now all the sudden I feel as if I am being called to be a voice for this faith.  I have never even attended a Mormon church service but am suddenly desperate to talk and learn with you people and become a part of this church, I just don't really know where to go from here but if anyone want's to talk and share more of their faith with me please do, I wan't to know everything 

Hi BladeMoses! It's good to have you here.

I'm very excited to hear about your new-found convictions and enthusiasm!  First off, I highly recommend you contact the missionaries nearest you and begin talking with them on a regular basis. The missionaries can be contacted here, or more reliably at local church services or through any friends you may have who are members. They will help you understand the basics of our faith, answer questions, and most importantly, show you what you need to do to build your relationship with Jesus Christ. If you do your part, God will help you know and feel the truthfulness of what you will learn and do.

You are also more than welcome to attend a church service. This website will help you find the closest meetinghouse, and let you know what time the service starts. The main meeting (called sacrament meeting) lasts a little over an hour. Two additional classes are also available and last about an hour each.

My relationship with Jesus Christ is everything to me. His message and gospel are absolutely life-changing, and are found in this church. I know it to be true, and I know that you can know too! It will be the best thing you ever found. There are some great things ahead for you! I wish you all the best.  :)

---

P.S: You'll learn the most by meeting with the missionaries and following their instructions, but if you're dying for more to look at in the meantime, I have a couple suggestions:

The basics of the basics: https://www.mormon.org/

The Book of Mormon: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng - alternately, you can always just get the app.

General Conference (teachings of modern prophets): https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?lang=eng

Mormon Messages (inspiring videos): https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages

Edited by Josiah

I am currently reading the book of Mormon I picked up a copy when I was in Salt Lake, but how does meeting with the missionary's work?  I was under the impression that they come to your house and unfortunately that is not a possibility because I travel a lot for work and don't really have a set schedule of knowing when I will be home.  Planning to meet with them and even the simple task of attending church is going to be hard to do. 

No doubt, you will be finding as much information against the faith as you will about it. Please consider that the "anti" folks are pretty much anti any church but their own or are LDS who fell away. In other words, take it with a grain of salt. Meet some LDS in your community. You'll find most of us to be normal in every way. 

I don't doubt you are being pulled by the Spirit. There are many miracles and stories such as yours. Please continue to follow. 

Please as questions here. You will get a diversity of opinions. We're not a bunch of clones.

You can meet the missionaries in other places. In fact, if you are a single male, Sisters generally won't meet with you alone. I was taught at my office. Their schedules are very flexible. You pick the time and place and they'll be there. 

Welcome BladeMoses!

The Church has this super cool Missionary program where they can talk to you anytime anywhere at your own convenience by just going to Mormon.org and clicking the Chat button on the top right corner of the page!  Missionaries always work as companions (there has to be 2 of them at least), so when you're doing an online chat, you'll be talking with 2 people.

Keep us posted.

I am currently reading the book of Mormon I picked up a copy when I was in Salt Lake, but how does meeting with the missionary's work?  I was under the impression that they come to your house and unfortunately that is not a possibility because I travel a lot for work and don't really have a set schedule of knowing when I will be home.  Planning to meet with them and even the simple task of attending church is going to be hard to do. 

They just sit down and chat with you about stuff- nothing to formal.  Yes traditionally its done person and your house, but it doesn't have to be at all.  For instance, in college I met with them at the church and park (my roommate didn't want "church people" in the apartment).  You don't have to have a set schedule at all, they'll work with you (my schedule is super sporadic).  If you truly have a chaos for your schedule, they do have missionaries online you can chat with 24/7 

If you travel a lot, then you may really enjoy looking up the meetinghouse wherever you are going to be on a sunday and attending there.  There are chapels almost everywhere in the world.    And, you will be welcome (our chapel is just off an interstate and we get truck drivers who pull in on Sunday for a couple of hours to attend, even in their work clothes, from time to time).

https://www.lds.org/maps/#ll=2.445113,-0.879551&z=7&m=google.road&tools=help

And in many cities with colleges, there is an institute which you can identify here, who will be able to tell you about any activies for twenty year old single people that might be occuring where you are.   http://institute.lds.org/find-institute

You will also find Family History centers https://familysearch.org/locations/   which are staffed at various times during the day that might fit your availability.

All of these places will allow you to talk to church members about the LDS Faith.

In the United States, there are also Church history sites that are commonly staffed with missionaries whom you can talk with. http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/historic-sites

And, if you look up your assigned congregation in your residence, you can talk to the bishop about asking a missionary to contact you through facebook or email , or about identifying a family you can get to know who might be willing to allow you to drop in when you are in town.

If I were in your place, I would prioritizing reading the Book of Mormon, and listening to general conference talks you can find at lds.org that we consider to be the scripture the Lord is giving us today on various subjects.  (There will be another one October 3-4 (first session for women a week earlier) and you can listen to prophets and apostles teach us about the things of God for two full days (available on the internet).  

Welcome to the board and to the Church of Jesus Christ, when you get baptized.