Baby news update

SpiritDragon

Some of you may recall the announcement a while back that my wife was expecting. For those who like baby news or those who have been wondering my lovely Mrs. SpiritDragon invited our little spirit dragon-whelp into the world Friday night. Our newest addition is a little girl. 7 lbs, 12 oz.

Edited by SpiritDragon

Some of you may recall the announcement a while back that my was expecting. For those who like baby news or those who have been wondering my lovely Mrs. SpiritDragon invited our little spirit dragon-whelp into the world Friday night. Our newest addition is a little girl. 7 lbs, 12 oz.

Is she going to be named Princess SpiritDragon ?? Lol!!!

Finally we got to come home from the hospital :)

We went through 18 hours from the first contraction to birth (not counting practice contractions for a while before). After an hour of having tearing stitched up and paperwork we were admitted to our room to stay for the night at around 11:00 pm. It seemed like the nurses had to poke or prod mom or baby every half hour until 4:00 am for some reason and then the OB came to visit at 6:00 am (she wasn't there for the delivery, a different Dr. caught the baby). It's been about 72 hours now since this adventure started and let me just say that it has been so riveting that mom and dad haven't slept enough for one night in the last three... what a way to be welcomed to the reality of parenthood :)

I agree that babies are the best way to start people Eowyn. That's fun that our babies weighed the same Bini. As for her name I'd love to share but I'm staying anonymous in these forums for now and that includes protecting my baby's identity. But I think Princess SpiritDragon is not a bad fit. For now I think she is more of a Celestial Presence, a little angel among us.

Edited by SpiritDragon

My wife and I had kids young.  We were going to have an empty nest while still in our 40's.  We were excited for the time we would have to serve more, especially missions and the like.

Well, one day my wife told me that she thought we were supposed to have another kid.  I thought "Pshh.  Hormones.  This will go away."  Well it didn't.  I prayed about it and also got an answer....or commandment is more like it.

So we are old people with a baby.  I was kind of sad that I would not be able to serve as much as I had hoped until I realized this one powerful thing:

The most important thing we can do on this earth; more important than any service, and mission, any calling, anything; is to join with God and bring a living soul into a mortal family sealed by the powers of Heaven.

Congratulations!!!!

Some of you may recall the announcement a while back that my wife was expecting. For those who like baby news or those who have been wondering my lovely Mrs. SpiritDragon invited our little spirit dragon-whelp into the world Friday night. Our newest addition is a little girl. 7 lbs, 12 oz.

:D Grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!