sick when you agreed to sub

Backroads

Guest LiterateParakeet

Awww, sorry you are sick.  Just call one of the Primary Presidency and let them know.  They'll probably just double up a class or something.  It will be ok.  Get better. 

So, what is the protocol when one agrees, days before, to sub for a Primary class and awakens Sunday morning in the throes of flu symptoms and no voice? And one's spouse is already committed to something else?

Call (or have your husband call) the primary president.  Tell them you agreed to sub for the class and then woke up sick.  That is the minimum of what you should do.  That way they have as much time as possible to cover it.

Ideally you would find your own sub, but sometimes that is not always doable and the Primary Presidency probably has a better idea on who can be called on in a last moment situation for teaching

Some really well organised teachers might email their lesson plan notes along with detailed notes on the learning styles and behavioural trends of all the kids in the class to whoever ends up subbing for the sub, and others might even have their husband deliver to the sub's sub all the teaching aids and snacks that they've spent the last week preparing. It could happen, but I haven't seen it yet :) 

Maybe it is just my ward, but, as a Sunday School President I have gotten used to Two of our sunday school youth teachers not showing up and not giving us a heads up. Today was one of those days when I didnt see one of those teachers in sacrament so I taught the lesson in the 2nd block.

As far as primary, you would inform the primary presidency, it shouldnt be a big deal.

Gospel doctrine is a class where last minute preparation would be hard. People dont answer their phone if they suspect you are calling to ask them to sub that class at the last minute.