Help With A Group That Promotes Morality And Good Values.

Guest sola'lor

Guest sola'lor

Hello everyone. I'm need help with a group that I am trying to start. This group is for all those people who live moral lives and have good values. I figured an LDS forum would be a great place to start since LDS members have such good values that guide their lives. THe purpose of this group is to unify and bring together people from all around the world who are want to helpour society by promoting good morals and values. This group will be good way to strengthen our society and help out in an ever sickening world.

The website is here:

Mandalorian Homepage

The message board is here:

Mand'alor Message Board

Guest sola'lor

I am High Clan Lord Sola'lor. There are two other High Clan Lords right now. There need to be a total of five. One for each Clan. No I don't have anything to do with that guy. I don't even know who he is.

He an online community for the improvement of society and the promotion of good values.

I am High Clan Lord Sola'lor. There are two other High Clan Lords right now. There need to be a total of five. One for each Clan. No I don't have anything to do with that guy. I don't even know who he is.

He an online community for the improvement of society and the promotion of good values.

And you are sure you are correct in the identification of your religion in your profile?

Guest sola'lor

And you are sure you are correct in the identification of your religion in your profile?

My religion says that it is mormon. If not is should. I fail to see how what I have posted would bring doubt upon my religion conviction as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Should we not promote good values and morals in a our increasingly evil world?

I went to the link. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I got really strange vibes from it all. A group that has clans and High Lords etc etc...work for the group but get paid in some kind of money I've never heard of? No thank you.

Guest sola'lor

I went to the link. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I got really strange vibes from it all. A group that has clans and High Lords etc etc...work for the group but get paid in some kind of money I've never heard of? No thank you.

So what would you suggest I change so it doesn't have a "weird vibe."

This is supposed to be a good encouraging uplifting program.

<div class='quotemain'>

My religion says that it is mormon. If not is should. I fail to see how what I have posted would bring doubt upon my religion conviction as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Should we not promote good values and morals in a our increasingly evil world?

Sorry, I meant no offense, I do promote good values and morals. If you are a member of the LDSoJC church, I do apologize.

<div class='quotemain'>

So what would you suggest I change so it doesn't have a "weird vibe."

This is supposed to be a good encouraging uplifting program.

How about showing something substantive and specific about what your group is all about and what you do? All I saw was some fluff about doing good and not breaking laws to do it, but nowhere that I saw was there anything about what you actually do about anything. And this language you're making up? What, Klingon wasn't good enough for you so you had to come up with a new one? Come on out of the basement and feel the sunshine on your face, your skin's getting too pasty.

Guest sola'lor

How about showing something substantive and specific about what your group is all about and what you do? All I saw was some fluff about doing good and not breaking laws to do it, but nowhere that I saw was there anything about what you actually do about anything. And this language you're making up? What, Klingon wasn't good enough for you so you had to come up with a new one? Come on out of the basement and feel the sunshine on your face, your skin's getting too pasty.

Sorry that you think I am some steriotypical teenager. I am 22 years old. I've been to the UK and I've lived in the Philipines for two years. My fiancee is from the Philippines and I am working on bringing her here. I actually got quite tan in the Philippines. There's lots of sunshine there. please in the future don't jump to conclusions simply because somebody is interested in linguistics.

So you are saying that I should have more detail of what the Mandalorians actually do. I don't know which version of the website you saw. But I completely redid the website today.

What would I need to do/mention/etc. on the website to make you interested in joining?

Guest sola'lor

OK..I'll bite...What the heck is a Mandalorian? Sounds like a fruity musical instrument.

I went to the site...briefly...it creeped me out, too!

If you read the site it explains what a Mandalorian is. In what ways did the site creep you out? It's a nice webpage with bright colors. To me it seems friendly.

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

OK..I'll bite...What the heck is a Mandalorian? Sounds like a fruity musical instrument.

I went to the site...briefly...it creeped me out, too!

If you read the site it explains what a Mandalorian is. In what ways did the site creep you out? It's a nice webpage with bright colors. To me it seems friendly.

Honestly? It was that image that you have at the top...the Avatar, I guess? It looked kind of like a Satanic image...just the vibe that I got...I admit that I did not take the time to read or stick around at the site and that I could be WAY WRONG...but...I am tired and lazy right now...and I did not get a warm, fuzzy feeling when I went to the site....sorry, why don't you explain it more here? Maybe the site just overwhelmed me because I'm running on empty right now...I made the mistake of drinking a diet soda before I went to bed tonight...I should know better!!! After a hour of trying to fall asleep...I just said, "OH Heck!!! I might as well get up!!!" It is 4:20am as I type this...Now I am too tired to go to bed...I have to get my son up in an hour and a half for school!!! I might as well just stay up at this point.

...anyway...all that to say, I didn't give it much of a chance...too brain tired right now...sorry.

Guest sola'lor

A satanic image huh? Wow. I never would have guessed that.

A Mandalorian is someone who has commited themselves to following the principles and values of the Mandalorian culture. They must apply the Code of the Mandalorians in thier daily lives. They must also live by the Resol'nare, or Six Actions. A Mandalorian is someone who want to improve themselves and improve the world that we all live in.

Guest Yediyd

A satanic image huh? Wow. I never would have guessed that.

A Mandalorian is someone who has commited themselves to following the principles and values of the Mandalorian culture. They must apply the Code of the Mandalorians in thier daily lives. They must also live by the Resol'nare, or Six Actions. A Mandalorian is someone who want to improve themselves and improve the world that we all live in.

Oh...

...yeah,that image kind of resembles a goat in an abstract way...Maybe it was just my perception...

They must also live by the Resol'nare, or Six Actions. A Mandalorian is someone who want to improve themselves and improve the world that we all live in.

What, the ten commandments weren't good enough? I don't get why if you're LDS you'd want to add a yoke to the gospel standards and covenants we currently abide by. :huh:

Guest sola'lor

<div class='quotemain'>

They must also live by the Resol'nare, or Six Actions. A Mandalorian is someone who want to improve themselves and improve the world that we all live in.

What, the ten commandments weren't good enough? I don't get why if you're LDS you'd want to add a yoke to the gospel standards and covenants we currently abide by. :huh:

A yoke to the gospel standards? I'm not quite sure what you mean. This group is for people of all religions.

Well let's see..according to Wikipedia...A mandalorian is a culture of warriors. They were once involved in the Great Sith War. They attacked and raided the the Empress Teta System. They are ranked among the best fighters in the galaxy thriving on battle.

One good thing about the mandalorian community is the rare metal that is found only on their planet. Hmmm if I could get my hands on it I could sell it on Ebay.

Sounds alot like Star Wars. Oh wait....they were featured on Star Wars in "Return of the Jedi."

Seems rather contradictory that to join the Mandalorian community would be to promote peace and harmony...when the history of the name is about battle and destruction. In a fictional kind of way.

Well let's see..according to Wikipedia...A mandalorian is a culture of warriors. They were once involved in the Great Sith War. They attacked and raided the the Empress Teta System. They are ranked among the best fighters in the galaxy thriving on battle.

One good thing about the mandalorian community is the rare metal that is found only on their planet. Hmmm if I could get my hands on it I could sell it on Ebay.

Sounds alot like Star Wars. Oh wait....they were featured on Star Wars in "Return of the Jedi."

Seems rather contradictory that to join the Mandalorian community would be to promote peace and harmony...when the history of the name is about battle and destruction. In a fictional kind of way.

I knew it sounded familiar lol I was just coming on to comment because after asking my husband he knew:) IMO the name and the website are very off putting.

Charley

Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

I knew it sounded familiar lol I was just coming on to comment because after asking my husband he knew:) IMO the name and the website are very off putting.

Charley Thank you Pam and Gabelma!! I knew there was something about it that just did not feel right to me!!!

It's Charley's husband writing this, yall can call me Gabelpa. I had a question for Sola'lor, as a bit of a Star Wars fan. Have you done any work with Eric Schroeder? He did a lot of research and guessed/improvised the Mandalorian alphabet you use in the Mando'a Language Dictionary. His work on the Mandalorian alphabet. I'm sure George Lucas has his own alphabet master guide and languages. After all KOTOR does have snippets of spoken Mando'a.

Guest sola'lor

It's Charley's husband writing this, yall can call me Gabelpa. I had a question for Sola'lor, as a bit of a Star Wars fan. Have you done any work with Eric Schroeder? He did a lot of research and guessed/improvised the Mandalorian alphabet you use in the Mando'a Language Dictionary. His work on the Mandalorian alphabet. I'm sure George Lucas has his own alphabet master guide and languages. After all KOTOR does have snippets of spoken Mando'a.

To everyone: Yes I got the Mandalorian idea and name from Star Wars. Yes the fictional Mandalorians in Star Wars are a warrior race. First this group I'm doing isn't the fictional Mandalorians from Star Wars. We are a real group in a real world. Secondly, If you think trying to promote this group as a bunch of warriors who go around fighting in wars would help get more people to join then I'll take it under advisement.

Gabelpa: Don't know Eric Schroeder. The Star Wars Mandalorian language was created and is being created by Karen Traviss.

Actually there are some other groups that are trying to do the same thing I am. I've been in contact with a couple of them. One has over twenty members.

Gabelpa: Don't know Eric Schroeder. The Star Wars Mandalorian language was created and is being created by Karen Traviss.

Actually there are some other groups that are trying to do the same thing I am. I've been in contact with a couple of them. One has over twenty members.

Too true, Eric is credited in wikipedia, haven't looked for him in wookiepedia though. I'll wish you the best of luck. Just stay true to your LDS beliefs, and don't get your head chopped off by some Jedi wannabe LOL.

Why not say you want to play some kind of "peaceful" dungeons and dragons game. That would seem more realistic to me. All the rest of this just appears extremely strange to me.