Help With A Group That Promotes Morality And Good Values.

Guest sola'lor

Why not say you want to play some kind of "peaceful" dungeons and dragons game. That would seem more realistic to me. All the rest of this just appears extremely strange to me.

That is the same conclusion I came to pam - that he is recruiting for an internet role playing game.

Why not come right out and say so?

<div class='quotemain'>

Well let's see..according to Wikipedia...A mandalorian is a culture of warriors. They were once involved in the Great Sith War. They attacked and raided the the Empress Teta System. They are ranked among the best fighters in the galaxy thriving on battle.

One good thing about the mandalorian community is the rare metal that is found only on their planet. Hmmm if I could get my hands on it I could sell it on Ebay.

Sounds alot like Star Wars. Oh wait....they were featured on Star Wars in "Return of the Jedi."

Seems rather contradictory that to join the Mandalorian community would be to promote peace and harmony...when the history of the name is about battle and destruction. In a fictional kind of way.

I knew it sounded familiar lol I was just coming on to comment because after asking my husband he knew:) IMO the name and the website are very off putting.

Charley

I agree

<div class='quotemain'>

Why not say you want to play some kind of "peaceful" dungeons and dragons game. That would seem more realistic to me. All the rest of this just appears extremely strange to me.

That is the same conclusion I came to pam - that he is recruiting for an internet role playing game.

Why not come right out and say so?

Well there are these guys Bat'leth fighters who use Klingon (Star Trek) weapons in competitions, or the KLI (Klingon Language Institute) who speak the language, take what they do very seriously, and in real life, no role-playing games, none of that stuff. There's also Elvish and dwarvish speakers, and even a few minbari (Babylon 5) speakers out there, so why not Mando'a speakers?

-Gabelpa

"I will always follow the command of Mand'alor." Mand'alor is the elected leader of the Mandalorians. S/He is elected from all the leaders of the aliite. Mand'alor oversees the entire Mandalorian society. All Mandalorians must obey the command of Mand'alor. However if the current Mand'alor is no longer deemed worthy or no longer commands respect from the Mandalorians another Mand'alor will be elected."

Above is a quote from your website, and that, more than anything else gives me the heebiejeebies. For me, it just a bit too culty. In essence, it comes across as an organized religion without a deity.

And anyway, what happens if you don't follow the command of the Mand'alor?

Guest sola'lor

Well essentially Mand'alor is like the president. Except Mand'alor only gives commands when it affects all of the Mandalorians. During other times the Aliit function on their own with their own internal structure.

It's strange that this would come across as a religion since it is mentioned several times that Mandalorians are free to practice their own religions.

What happens if you don't follow Mand'alor. Well you would be expelled from the group probably. Unless ofcourse Mand'alor was giving commands not to the benefit of the Mandalorians(i.e. single religion for all Mandalorians, drinking poison, other stuff like that). At that point s/he would be deemed unworthy of the position and replaced by a new Mand'alor.

THanks for pointing that out though I think I have a better way to word that section.