Temple Schedules

yoyoteacher

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how consistent the temple schedules are from year to year, as far as maintenance weeks are concerned? I am in the midst of trying to scale down possible weeks for a sealing, but with the 2016 schedules not out yet, I'm having to do a little ball park estimating.

For example: the Kansas City temple was closed for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of February this year, and the St. Louis temple was closed for the first two weeks of March. The date that we are looking at could be within that closing for maintenance in St. Louis, depending on if they go from the first Monday of March to the third Monday of March. I know St. Louis would be the preferred place, as it is our "home" temple, and has a lot of personal meaning for the future hubby; but I would be just as happy with Kansas City as it is where most of my family is from and is a city that has always felt like home for me (and I think some of the details in the KC temple sealing rooms are very beautiful and unique). I know the where doesn't matter as much as the what; but having an idea makes me feel a lot better, personally.

Obviously, calling the temple and asking them would probably work just as well, but while I have to wait 36 hours to do so I'd thought I would see if anyone has any thoughts or experiences/recollections that might help.

They typically have closings *about* the same time each year.  But for something as important as a sealing, I would just call them and ask them (2016 schedules are all out).  If you want you could even reserve a sealing room that same phone call!

BTW-- I did not know you got engaged!  CONGRATS!!!!   :lol:

Well, we are and aren't. He got a really good deal on wedding bands and we are at the point of talking and planning but waiting on finances for the engagement ring. If that makes sense.

I probably sound crazy!

You are engaged... a ring is not necessary to get engaged just like a ring is not necessary to get married.

My husband gave me a ring when he asked me to marry him - it's a very simple ring which is the only thing he can afford at the time.  I said yes, so we got engaged.  We got married 2 weeks later and he gave me that same ring while I gave him his CTR ring when we made the wedding vows.  So we got married.

We exchanged what we now consider our wedding rings - they're matching with engraved name and dates and such - on my birthday a few years later.

Edited by anatess