Nasa confirms liquid water on mars

puf_the_majic_dragon

What does anyone think the religious implications if it is discovered that life and death is taking place on Mars?  If there is death that has been going on for how many years - was there another fall or does the fall of Adam cover it also?

What does anyone think the religious implications if it is discovered that life and death is taking place on Mars?  If there is death that has been going on for how many years - was there another fall or does the fall of Adam cover it also?

I don't see any reason why the fall of A&E would have a different effect on life on mars than it does to nonhuman creatures on earth.

It was a bipartisan effort. Mars is suffering the second-hand effects of our trips to the moon under Kennedy and Nixon.

And the truth comes out... Nixon didn't step down for Watergate.  He stepped down for ruining Mars.

Personally, I choose to believe that there is life and death taking place throughout the galaxy in addition to the possibility on Mars; and my religious beliefs dovetail comfortably for me. I've met some people who feel threatened by the possibility because they tend toward believing that everything God is about is focused here and nowhere else.

From a religious standpoint - why would there be death on Mars?  or anywhere other than earth?  Many have referenced the scripture that things must remain in the state in which they were created - yet we seem so many things changing in our universe from their initial state of creation - like stars going supernova.  It would appear that the state of things is changing everywhere.  What is eternal?

From a religious standpoint - why would there be death on Mars?  or anywhere other than earth?  Many have referenced the scripture that things must remain in the state in which they were created - yet we seem so many things changing in our universe from their initial state of creation - like stars going supernova.  It would appear that the state of things is changing everywhere.  What is eternal?

Why would there be death on Mars or anywhere other than earth? Well, I believe there is life throughout the galaxy, and what we observe on Earth is demonstrative of the nature of life. A microbe, for example, dies when conditions cause it to cease living. I don't see the conflict with religion.

I don't think the scripture you refer to means that things don't change the way we observe them changing. Remaining in the state in which they were created must mean something else. As far as stars going supernova, remember that when we "see" the death of a star we are only witnessing something that ocurred the number of lightyears distance from us in the past--if that has any bearing on your remarks above. But I'm intrigued to talk about it more.

Edited by UT.starscoper

My thoughts on this are meh. Doesn't affect me. I'll never live on Mars. It has no bearing on my life at all.

My thoughts completely.

OK. I wouldn't presume to try to convince you that this has any bearing on your lives. I'm sure there are topics you find fascinating, however, while I in turn may not think they have any bearing on my own life. In any event I find this topic very interesting and satisfying to discuss. I hope others do, too. :)

OK. I wouldn't presume to try to convince you that this has any bearing on your lives. I'm sure there are topics you find fascinating, however, while I in turn may not think they have any bearing on my own life. In any event I find this topic very interesting and satisfying to discuss. I hope others do, too. :)

I'm glad you do.  I know for some these kinds of things are exciting.  Yet I never meant to imply that my "meh" should be followed by others.  The OP said "So excited."  I was giving my opinion of the news.  :)

Guest MormonGator

I'm glad you do.  I know for some these kinds of things are exciting.  Yet I never meant to imply that my "meh" should be followed by others.  The OP said "So excited."  I was giving my opinion of the news.   :)

Same with me, Sorry Starscoper! Have fun! 

I'm glad you do.  I know for some these kinds of things are exciting.  Yet I never meant to imply that my "meh" should be followed by others.  The OP said "So excited."  I was giving my opinion of the news.   :)

well it shouldn't have much religious implication to LDS theology.... But I do know some Christians that are very adamant that there is no other life than on earth.

---------------------------------------------------------

On the barreness of mars;

actually one reason that Mars is so barren is that it doesn't have a magnetic field like earth and some of the larger planets do. It's theorized that a some point near it's creation or shortly after Mars recieved a massive impact that disrupted its core and caused it to lose the magnetic field it would have had. (as it stands mars has pockets of magnetism scattered around it if I recall right). Because of this, overtime the solar winds have stripped away the atmosphere that Mars had.

It's all good. :)