Kill the wabbit! or cwicket in this case...

beefche

Oh my gosh, I'm slowly going insane. We have had a cricket in the house for almost 2 weeks. We can't find him, but we suspect he is inside our half wall in the dining room. I have no idea how he got in there. We've tried taking off the outlet cover and spraying the inside, but when we take off the cover, there is a box that the outlets are wired in. So, nothing to spray.

Does anyone know if a bug bomb would permeate the wall? I'm going nuts--I'm hearing crickets in my sleep now.  ARRRGGG!!!

I'd be tempted to tell you to just wait for it to die, but if he's already been in there for three months . . .

When I spent a summer as an Orkin tech, we treated bathroom ant infestations by getting a hand blower full of a dessicant insecticide in powder form.  Using a flathead screwdriver we'd punch a small hole in the wallboard underneath the bathroom sink, then a couple of puffs of powder and we were done.

I have no idea whether these materials are obtainable for home use; but if they were--that's probably the route I would take; except that if you can't find an inconspicuous spot for the hole, you'll want to finish off by spackling it up and touching up the paint. 

Edited by Just_A_Guy

Been there, done that.

I have a gecko and he eats crickets.  And of course, the dreaded day comes when one of the crickets jumped out of the tube before I can get it into the gecko's habitat.  And he ran off... couldn't find him so I thought he became a victim of the house's yearly bug protection.  Night-time comes and we hear the chirping... Ugh.

So, I put the cricket meal and moisture bead on a fly trap (that sticky rectangular sheet that gets a fly stuck to it never to fly again) and put it close to where I heard him chirp.  Worked like a charm.

You can buy cricket meal and moisture beads at places like PetCo, PetSmart, etc. and fly traps at Home Depot/Lowe's.  You can probably just ask them for a sliver of food and moisture bead from their cricket bin.