Gun free zone = killing spree zone

Str8Shooter

Nah, Bond was aiming at the wall.

Lehi

Bond trivium.  James Bond has killed more people individually (excluding WMD) on film than any other character.  About half of them were with Pierce Brosnan as James Bond.

Edited by Guest

Bond trivium.  James Bond has killed more people individually (excluding WMD) on film than any other character.  About half of them were with Pierce Brosnan as James Bond.

Brosnan is not Bond. There is only one true Bond: Sean Connery.

The rest are apostates.

Lehi

I'd like to bear my testimony that Sean Connery is the Bond.

Hey!  You could even draw some parallels with "Bond" meaning payment to get out of jail, etc.  See what I did there? :P  :(  :saint:

Edited by Guest

Brosnan is not Bond. There is only one true Bond: Sean Connery.

The rest are apostates.

Lehi

While I agree that Brosnan is not Bond (just Remington Steele)...

I'd like to bear my testimony that Sean Connery is the Bond.

...and while I could listen to Sean Connery yammer on all the live-long day about pretty much anything he wanted (as long as he didn't do it in Russian (see The Hunt for Red October :eek: ))...

I have to say, Daniel Craig makes a really good Bond.

Gun-related deaths are not "rocketing" in USmerica. They are falling dramatically, except in those cities that have the most stringent (and unconstitutional) gun control ordinances.

Were it not for Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, and a few others, USmerica would have one of the lowest gun-related death rates in the world.

Other countries, Columbia, for example, that have strict gun control laws have far higher rates than USmerica's.

Guns do not kill people, people kill people.

Lehi

then we were colossal morons of the highest order for targeting germany's weapon and vehicle industrial centers more than Agriculture and civilian populations during WWII.

There isn't any one consistent pattern across the board... some areas seem to support the pro-gun stats espousers and other areas the anti gun stat espousers.

the murder rate hasn't been changing massively, in general it has been following the trend of crime which has been declining gradually (save for this past year, but it seems that the reversal seems to be expected to be one of those random blips, and the increase in gun deaths is more attributed to suicide than homicide)

Knocking off the top 10 cities that have the highest murder rates only moves the USA about 3 spots from its current standing in the global violence index.

In gov circles the gun variable is easier to adjust than the people variable.

Edited by Blackmarch

• 3 weeks later...

Obama has a new ally on gun control (satire)

https://youtu.be/IOfEi6Qs--s

Satire nothing.

The terrorists, drug dealers, thieves, car jackers, burglars, and countless other criminals would also like to see the American populace disarmed.  So they can carry out their evil without any possible interference.  They also want the police disarmed.

dc

Guest MormonGator

One of my friends is doing time in a prison. He made a terrible choice (auto theft) but he's still my friend. I visited him once in prison and asked him about guns. 

"Do you really think a homicidal drug dealer is going to go Cabelas?" 

No further questions your honor. 

Blackmarch, and gator. 

Don't you think the gun ban would be just as effective, tho' far more costly as the drug war?

Does anyone doubt that anywhere in America you can buy drugs on just about any, or any certain nearby streetcorner?

In my work I have visited prisons and jails many times, and worked with criminals on many occasions.  They all knew what one told me specifically.  That they know how to recognize each other.

That you could drop them into any American city and within an hour or two they could buy whatever drug they wanted.  Or any other black market item, i.e., guns.

dc

Edited by David13

Guest MormonGator

Don't you think the gun ban would be just as effective, tho' far more costly as the drug war?

No. 

When I used drugs, do you think I went to the legal market and asked for their selection? I called my dealer, had him come over. 

Then you also have the deeply troubling issue of punishing people who haven't done anything wrong. My gun never hurt anyone. By what authority do you take it from me? 

Edited by MormonGator

No. 

When I used drugs, do you think I went to the legal market and asked for their selection? I called my dealer, had him come over. 

Then you also have the deeply troubling issue of punishing people who haven't done anything wrong. My gun never hurt anyone. By what authority do you take it from me? 

Gator

Thats my thought completely.  The gun ban would be just as effective as the drug ban.  Zero effectiveness.

But what about the cost?  I think the gun ban would cost far more than the drug ban, in terms of enforcement.

dc

Guest MormonGator

Gator

Thats my thought completely.  The gun ban would be just as effective as the drug ban.  Zero effectiveness.

But what about the cost?  I think the gun ban would cost far more than the drug ban, in terms of enforcement.

dc

I hear you bud. Sorry if it came out snarky or rude. Not my intention. My apologies. 

I think the drug war is totally useless too, for the record. It locks up otherwise innocent people and rips families apart. You also have a felony record at 19 for simple possession, making it impossible to find a decent job. 

Edited by MormonGator

I hear you bud. Sorry if it came out snarky or rude. Not my intention. My apologies. 

I think the drug war is totally useless too, for the record. It locks up otherwise innocent people and rips families apart. You also have a felony record at 19 for simple possession, making it impossible to find a decent job. 

I didn't think it was snarky or rude.  I just thought you thought I disagreed with you.  Which I don't think I do here.

My point about the drug war is that it has not kept drugs off any street anywhere. 

And a gun ban would not keep guns off any street anywhere.

I think the drug war has filled the prisons whereby there is no room for violent offenders, so they are turned loose, at least here, anyway.

However I don't think it's the drug war that breaks up families or gives people a bad record.  I think the blame for that can be laid directly upon the drugs themselves, or the use of the drugs, which is of course a result of  the free will of the user.

I'm against drugs, even most prescription drugs.  However, I don't think passing a law against them is the solution.

I'm against people shooting people with guns, also, unless in self defense or other appropriate situation, defense of others or law enforcement, and also I don't think a law is the solution, nor a gun ban.

dc

In my work I have visited prisons and jails many times, and worked with criminals on many occasions.  They all knew what one told me specifically.  That they know how to recognize each other.

Very true.  My wife learned their language and points this stuff out to me from time to time.   We moved from UT to CO, and yep, same stuff, just different cities.

Guest MormonGator

Very true.  My wife learned their language and points this stuff out to me from time to time.   We moved from UT to CO, and yep, same stuff, just different cities.

I've never done time, but I know how to act like I have. It's actually a good skill to have.

If you are in a bad neighborhood I can make myself look just as dangerous. I served subpoenas in college so it came in handy. 

Guest MormonGator

I've seen pictures of you.  Is that the dangerous you or the friendly you? :P

Both.  :D 

But when I throw my hair in a mess and wear my hoodies, I literally look like I just walked out of a maximum security prison. 

Guest MormonGator

Heh - serving subpoenas.  What do you think Gator - who gets guns pulled on them more often?  Folks serving court docs, or tow truck drivers?  I think it would be a close race.

Both. I've never had a gun pulled on me, but someone did charge me. My pit bull jumped in-between us and he immediately backed down. I quit serving process after that. 

That dog (not my current one, who is also a pit) saved my life. She was an American Staffordshire who hated everything but me. With one word (I trained her using German commands) she would stop immediately. No dog was more loyal.  When I had to put her down (age) I was crushed. 

Edited by MormonGator