Hello, I'd like to introduce myself

I'd like to introduce myself, because there's this forum, see.  And I'm such a follower that I had to post this.

Member since childhood. 

Married with many children.

Polymath and Renaissance man.

Recently relocated denizen of Texas. 

Enjoy cutting the trees in my jungle.  Yeah, this is a new one.  Who knew?

So far this group looks like a place I could feel comfortable with.

Hello Carb, meet Vort - your fellow polymath.  You are now obligated to be the one to reply to all his posts that befuddles us.

Well, so far I've liked Vort.  But as far as clarifying things, I thought that was what Google was for.

Illegitimi non.

Given your propensity for language, and as a fellow polymath, AND since you've gone and looked it up, I guess you may be wondering why the "e" instead of the "u".  EXCELLENT question, I'm glad you asked.

It was because when I first heard the word, I thought I was hearing the "e" instead of the "u".  When I finally looked it up I noted it.  As blogging and social networking got to be a big thing, I needed a unique nick.  So, not only did I use a word that I found even geologists often don't know, I also purposefully misspelled it so most search engines would lead to me.

Although, there is one company I once found that spelled it with the "e".  Obviously not the company I want to buy stuff from.

I like carbs. 

Yeah, most people tend to shorten it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/7/2015 at 1:19 PM, MormonGator said:

The title of this thread makes me think of "Sympathy for the Devil" by the Stones. Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste....

Did you even know how prophetic your thoughts would be?

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Did you even know how prophetic your thoughts would be?

As a matter of fact I do. That's why I do so well in the stock market actually!