Jesus' Return -- The Blessed Hope

Okay @Takawi.  There is certainly no harm in preparing physically for Christ's return.  My one encouragement to you would be to continue what you are doing in searching out scriptures.  Eventually, the Spirit of God will direct you towards a religious community, because, for sure, our preparedness as believers is intended to be in-community, in-fellowship.

2 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

Okay @Takawi.  There is certainly no harm in preparing physically for Christ's return.  My one encouragement to you would be to continue what you are doing in searching out scriptures.  Eventually, the Spirit of God will direct you towards a religious community, because, for sure, our preparedness as believers is intended to be in-community, in-fellowship.

Certainly this is why I'm studying the BofM and eventually perhaps I will be a right fit for that community.  I don't know.

• 3 years later...
On 10/12/2015 at 7:43 PM, prisonchaplain said:

Are You Ready?

I grew up reading, listening, and watching warnings that Jesus was on the way to pick up his followers. The book The Late Great Planet Earth, by Hal Lindsey, was a non-fiction description of why we were on the brink of the rapture. The Left Behind series was likely inspired by this book. The movie Thief in the Night was a frightening depiction of a post-rapture world, in which Christians were rounded up and threatened with the guillotine if they did not take the mark of the Beast. Finally, Larry Norman’s song, “I wish we’d all been ready,” soulfully mourned those who knew Jesus was coming, but were not prepared.

2 Peter 3:10 tells us that Jesus’ coming will be ‘like a thief.’ Likewise Matthew 24:44 says he will come at an hour we do not expect. So, why do we not hear much in churches today about Jesus’ return, when it was such a hot topic in from the 1970s-90s? The short answer is that we ministers overplayed our hand. I remember the images of televangelists waving the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other, proclaiming, “Fulfillment!  Fulfillment!” Ultimately, there was too much newspaper and not enough Bible. After the threat of the Y2K Bug fizzled, many Christian ministers became reticent to address the promised return of Jesus.

Still—the Bible says Jesus will come back. So, why wouldn’t a Christian be ready? Problem #1—they figure it’s been 2,000 years; it just might be 2,000 more. Problem #2—they believe certain events must happen before Jesus returns: the rebuilding of the Temple, the preaching of Jesus to all peoples, or perhaps that the Antichrist becomes identified. The final problem is that they just get too busy with daily life, and the promise/threat of Christ returning fades.

How to address these challenges? In answer to all of them, Jesus says to be ready. That so many are no longer expecting him to return soon means we are in exactly the kind of time when he might—an hour when he is not expected! Further, In Luke 12:40 the Master labels Christians who are unprepared as slovenly and careless. Jesus-followers should continue to share their faith, engage in charity, seek out strong Bible teaching, do what is right, eschew what is wrong, and obey God’s directions.

What of those who are not God-seekers?. Become one. God promises that those who seek Him will find Him—though He is not far. A final humble suggestion—God associates with his own followers; so church is a good place to find Him!

A near death experiencer was shown that the Second Coming or Rapture, whatever it is called...... cannot happen until AFTER China, Russia and the Middle East are brought to Messiah at a level that will boggle our minds.

Also... I do think that the Jewish people need to build at least one temple...... maybe even two.... before Zechariah 14 can come to pass????  A Jerusalem Temple Mount Temple could be separate from an Ezekiel Temple Complex.... and looks to me like Isaiah 66: 5 and 6 cannot happen until they are assisted to accomplish this?????

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

Latter day Saints sure seem to be ahead of non-LDS Christians when it comes to supporting the Jewish people in their unique calling.