Interviewing a married Mormon couple

asxie

Hi everyone! 

I am taking a Christian Marriage class in my school this semester and one of my assignments is to interview a Christian couple. I am wondering if this forum can help me connect with LDS couples (who married in the church) who are interested in getting interviewed. 

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for me to ask. These are the questions that I will be asking in the interview if anyone is interested: 

1. How do you understand the nature of your marriage from the perspective of your faith? Do you believe in the sacramental nature of your marriage? 
  2. How does your faith help you deal with difficult issues like disagreements, financial problems, illnesses, etc? 
  3. (If you have children), why is it important for you to have children from the perspective of your faith tradition? (If you don't have children), how do you feel about this from the perspective of your faith? 
  4. Do you sense any tensions, contradictions, or problems with this or are you fine with it? (referring to Q#3)
  5. How do you want to develop your marriage in a light of your faith? How do you want your higher power (god) to guide you in the development and fulfillment of your marriage?
  6. What spiritual recommendations would you like to make to me, when it comes to my marriage in the future? 

If this is not the right place for me to ask this, can someone please give me some suggestions on how I can get in touch with a married LDS couple? Thank you!!! 

See this site:

You'll have to call the bishop or attend a meeting and just ask around.  If you find a missionary, they're probably going to be the most approachable.  But they'll also be thinking about, you guessed it, missionary work.  If you're interested, great.  If not, you can politely decline and they'll probably be happy to introduce you to a few couples and see if they'd be willing to interview with you.

There is also a "visitor's center" by the Oakland Temple.  I'm hoping you can find your way to the Oakland Temple if you've lived there for a while.  The visitor's center may not have any couples there to talk to.  But it can be another place to start and get connected.

Edited by Guest