For Fun - What is your family dish?

EarlJibbs

What is the one dish (food) that you make regularly in your family and that your family enjoys? Some countries may have a national dish, some areas may have a local dish. What is your families? 

If you were invited to eat at The Jibbs house, you would most likely be served Salmon tacos with small freshly made flour tortillas (still store bought but made fresh). Topped with fresh veggies, cheese of your choice, sauce of your choice (EG lemon, hot...). House favorite! 

Another one is breakfast for dinner. Usually once a week with eggs, pancakes, toast etc. 

Now, what would I eat if I visited your place of residence for dinner? 

There are two dishes that my family will request.

Chicken enchiladas made with cream of chicken and sour cream

Lion House Meatballs which is basically a sweet and sour meatball

Spam musubi and seaweed tamagoyaki (egg thing kinda like an omelette) is what my kids request a lot.

For parties or dinner guests tho, the staple is eggroll, pansit bihon, chop suey, and chicken or pork on a stick.

Spam musubi and seaweed tamagoyaki (egg thing kinda like an omelette) is what my kids request a lot.

For parties or dinner guests tho, the staple is eggroll, pansit bihon, chop suey, and chicken or pork on a stick.

Love love love Spam musubi.  I found a place here locally that sells it and I stop there when I can.

Seems like my mum is always making us chilled mango soup when we visit. It's so refreshing and ever so delicious! I haven't made it yet but everyone who has ever tried it, loves it, and wants to start making it too. As for my little family, we don't ever have guests over for dinner, rarely. We make pretty much everything that everyone else eats but minus animal product, we use subs, and it taste grand. Last night we had veggie lasagna (stuffed with spinach) and it was so yummy! I probably ate as much as my daughter and husband combined.

A few years ago my wife was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  Initially we were told that there was no need for a lifestyle change, if that whatever she ate was properly compensated with insulin.  This was a half truth that has turned out to be more false than true.  In essence she has been forced to change her life style for her health sake - especially diet or live a lifestyle of obesity (meaning the accumulation body fat that causes serious health risks).  Processed foods like pizza, spaghetti are out of the question for her - as well as anything made with sugar (especially corn syrup) and white flower.

Our diet now is fresh fruits and veggies with mostly fish, chicken and turkey protein prepared without oils - definitely frying with oils is out of the question.  We now have no traditional dishes for the holidays. We are in the processes of discovering and making new healthy traditions - for the sake of my beloved.  Though I could maintain my traditions - we are partners and will do what is necessary and best for her - Mostly I miss breads and potatoes - but I would miss her much more.

A few years ago my wife was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.  Initially we were told that there was no need for a lifestyle change, if that whatever she ate was properly compensated with insulin.  This was a half truth that has turned out to be more false than true.  In essence she has been forced to change her life style for her health sake - especially diet or live a lifestyle of obesity (meaning the accumulation body fat that causes serious health risks).  Processed foods like pizza, spaghetti are out of the question for her - as well as anything made with sugar (especially corn syrup) and white flower.

Our diet now is fresh fruits and veggies with mostly fish, chicken and turkey protein prepared without oils - definitely frying with oils is out of the question.  We now have no traditional dishes for the holidays. We are in the processes of discovering and making new healthy traditions - for the sake of my beloved.  Though I could maintain my traditions - we are partners and will do what is necessary and best for her - Mostly I miss breads and potatoes - but I would miss her much more.

My wife has also drastically changed her eating habits and is not going to go back. No sugars, no flour while measuring all food. While we do share portions of our meals, like chicken and fish, we basically have two meals. One for myself and the kids, and the other for her. Although this is a bit of a hassle, it has worked so far. In the future I could see us all joining her. While I have cut out sugar, caffeine, soda completely (sugar wasn't hard for me), my love for bread is just below God, Wife, Family and Country. I have cut down drastically, but I still have a roll or sandwich every once in a while (about once a week).

Guest Godless

Most of my cooking is pretty straightforward. I recently learned that I make a mean tuna steak, though. I sometimes make pizza from scratch as well, and it's very tasty. My wife is allergic to tomatoes and garlic, so we use a substitute (and heavily seasoned) "nomato" sauce. We use the same sauce to make spaghetti and lasagna as well.

My wife's signature dish is her tuna casserole. I love that stuff!