Bummed...

Bini

I understand what you've written.

That said, my parents have had family friends from overseas visit during the holidays that are not even Christian, and they did not participate in prayers or scriptures after dinner. I don't see how it'd be any different for me being there as their daughter! And even though I don't believe in god, I'm not so rude to walk around or talk during a moment of prayer, I can sit quietly - and if that's not good enough for someone, gees... What's an acceptable amount of tolerance towards a non-Christian that is having dinner at your table and does not participate in prayer?

As another day has passed, and I've got excellent feedback from this thread and from just talking it out with my husband, I am feeling okay about visiting just New Years. I think celebrating Christmas at home and doing the Santa thing for my daughter will be nice, we actually haven't had a "just us" Christmas in our new home yet, we've lived here going on three years and the first two years we had family stay. So maybe this is a good thing after all.

Oh, this is definitely nice!  Especially with the new baby's first Christmas to celebrate.  "Our Christmas Tradition" could start right here even.  Where every year, you spend Christmas at home with just your family and then have visits and travel for Thanksgiving or New Year.